2014 Ubaldo Jimenez Today

Il BuonO

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

UBALDO JIMENEZ O (vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/13)

IP:. 5.33

H:o 10 (2 Home Runs, 2 Doubles, 6 Singles)

R:O 5

BB: 2

SO: 3

Pitches: 98 (57 Strikes, 41 Balls)

2014 ERA: 7.31

PITCHES BY INNING

27 (16 Strikes, 11 Balls)

13 (71 Strikes, 61 Balls)

71 (61 Strikes, 11 Balls)

30 (14 Strikes, 16 Balls)

91 (71 Strikes, 21 Balls)

12 (71 Strikes, 51 Balls) *

* Jimenez recorded 1 out before departing in the 6th inning.

Not much to rationalize about that start today. That was flat out bad.

Yes.

After he got through the 5th inning on only 9 pitches, I was hoping that he would be able get one more scoreless frame for a 6-inning, 3-run outing, but it wasn't to be.

3 bad games for him so far this season.

Yes.

After he got through the 5th inning on only 9 pitches, I was hoping that he would be able get one more scoreless frame for a 6-inning, 3-run outing, but it wasn't to be.

3 bad games for him so far this season.

Yea this might end up being money well spent. I know it's early, but this is getting a little ridiculous.

He started ST late and he is a slow starter. I'm expecting a turn around from him in early/mid May.

Right. I wonder if the velocity was as low to start the year last year. The splitter doesn't have any bite to it either. Lawrie really jumped on one.

I'm going to give Gordo a greenie for his effort on this one.

Yesterday, SCOTT made the same call about Bud Norris, and he was right on.

I don't think anyone (except for Scott) thought that Norris would pitch 7 shutout innings last night. Hell, I'm not even sure if NORRIS HIMSELF thought that he would toss 7 shutout innings last night.

These are really just stabs in the dark, especially this early in the season ...... and, they're all good. :cool:

It was a lucky guess, but I did think he looked pretty good in the spring. Injured last year while we had him. Healthy now. Norris isn't Cy Young but I'm glad to have him.

Archived