Reactionary Thread for Loss #1

Rene88

Ryan Flaherty may not have the bat to play as a starter.

Why are you leaving him in to bat with the game on the line? He isn't known to take walks or hit anything but a fastball....

That's all I got.

Let's get 'em tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Flaherty may not have the bat to play as a starter.

Why are you leaving him in to bat with the game on the line? He isn't known to take walks or hit anything but a fastball....

That's all I got.

Let's get 'em tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who are you hitting there Delmon? Koji makes everyone look bad.

Without Nelson Cruz the team would have 0 XBH, 0 runs, and 2 chances with RISP thanks to an error and a wild pitch. They look absolutely terrible. They look flat and have no life. Tonight's game looked like it should have been played in 6 months, with the O's being clearly out of the playoffs. They looked dead.

Webb looked bad.

I hate Pedroia.

If we can't put up at least a 4 spot it will be an embarassing start for the offense.

Jimenez looked good.

Score some damn runs.

Ehh, Webb deserved better. Horrid throw by Lough. Poor throw by Flaherty.

Jones looked terrible. The offense had a poor strategy. First two innings I think Lackey threw < 20 pitches. Inexcusable.

Lackey had great command tonight, this wasn't one of those nights where we were wailing at 2-0 breaking balls in the dirt.

Yesterday, we were undefeated, and in sole possession of first place.

Now, we're nothing more than a mediocre team.

On pace to go 81-81.

Incapable of going on any kind of winning streaks.

Below average defense.

A non-existent offense.

I'm going to watch the final 160 games of the season because I'm not a quitter, but I'm not getting my hopes up, because anyone who is not deaf, dumb, and blind can see the writing on the wall from a mile away.

Every team in the AL East has a loss. And Jimenez has never been good against the Sox.

That said, I am worried about our offense this year, and I was before the season started -- it's been an assumption here that it'll be above average and that isn't a good assumption to make. And if it isn't as good as last year this team doesn't have a chance.

Without Nelson Cruz the team would have 0 XBH, 0 runs, and 2 chances with RISP thanks to an error and a wild pitch. They look absolutely terrible. They look flat and have no life. Tonight's game looked like it should have been played in 6 months, with the O's being clearly out of the playoffs. They looked dead.

Webb looked bad.

I hate Pedroia.

If we can't put up at least a 4 spot it will be an embarassing start for the offense.

Jimenez looked good.

Score some damn runs.

Jimmenz looked good? I am beginning to think we should have kept Feldman and definitely Hammel over this guy. He is a thrower not a pitcher.

I do agree with everything else in your post though, you are spot on. Without Cruz this team wouldn't have scored but one run in two games. That is pretty sorry, I don't care how good Boston's pitching is.

Ehh, Webb deserved better. Horrid throw by Lough. Poor throw by Flaherty.

Jones looked terrible. The offense had a poor strategy. First two innings I think Lackey threw < 20 pitches. Inexcusable.

If the move to let McClouth go was his price was too high, I say you get what you pay for, and Lough is no McClouth. He is a bargain bin version and a cheap imitation. This team, other than Cruz is weaker than last year.

Jimmenz looked good? I am beginning to think we should have kept Feldman and definitely Hammel over this guy. He is a thrower not a pitcher.

I do agree with everything else in your post though, you are spot on. Without Cruz this team wouldn't have scored but one run in two games. That is pretty sorry, I don't care how good Boston's pitching is.

Are you kidding me? Feldman over "this guy"? Hammel? Really? Jimenez pitched a pretty good game tonight. Unfortunately, he made a big mistake with a man on base and it cost him a home run and two runs. Don't get too caught up in the fact that his ERA is a 6 right now. It won't be a 6 in a month if he keeps pitching like he did tonight.

Are you kidding me? Feldman over "this guy"? Hammel? Really? Jimenez pitched a pretty good game tonight. Unfortunately, he made a big mistake with a man on base and it cost him a home run and two runs. Don't get too caught up in the fact that his ERA is a 6 right now. It won't be a 6 in a month if he keeps pitching like he did tonight.

I thought he sucked. Giving up multiple two run homers in six innings of pitching is not worthy of the big money he is getting. Heck Gausman or Steve Johnson could probably do that.

Archived