Reactionary Thread for Loss #1

Rene88

Are you kidding me? Feldman over "this guy"? Hammel? Really? Jimenez pitched a pretty good game tonight. Unfortunately, he made a big mistake with a man on base and it cost him a home run and two runs. Don't get too caught up in the fact that his ERA is a 6 right now. It won't be a 6 in a month if he keeps pitching like he did tonight.

I watched a replay of a game Feldman pitched against Boston last night and he held them to two runs over six innings and the Orioles won it 3-2. So yes, I would take that over Jimenez's outing tonight anytime.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jimmenz looked good? I am beginning to think we should have kept Feldman and definitely Hammel over this guy. He is a thrower not a pitcher.

I do agree with everything else in your post though, you are spot on. Without Cruz this team wouldn't have scored but one run in two games. That is pretty sorry, I don't care how good Boston's pitching is.

I was satisfied with what I saw. He got hurt by 2 long balls. One was just a great job by Ortiz who is an elite hitter. The other was a mistake he probably doesn't usually make. His stuff looked good and he had a K per inning. All in all, against a top 3 (arguably) offense in baseball and an extremely patient team (which doesn't fare too well for Ubaldo) I was happy. More frustrated with the 2 tack on runs and the offense.

I watched a replay of a game Feldman pitched against Boston last night and he held them to two runs over six innings and the Orioles won it 3-2. So yes, I would take that over Jimenez's outing tonight anytime.

Wow...

Wow...

what is that supposed to mean? Some of you really don't have a clue what you are watching. You care more about style than substance. People are posting they are "happy" with his performance??? I sure as heck am not. He was not good. He walked three batters and gave up two (2) yes that is two, two run homers in six innings with a very elevated pitch count. His results were about what you would expect from a number 5 starter, not a number two guy.

Flaherty is not a major league hitter, decent fielder. At 28 years old I believe we have seen what he can do offensively, unless he can find whatever Ortiz is drinking.

Yes I know what he does in the minors.

Did you say drinking or injecting?:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flaherty is not a major league hitter, decent fielder. At 28 years old I believe we have seen what he can do offensively, unless he can find whatever Ortiz is drinking.

Yes I know what he does in the minors.

Whoever said he was a major league hitter? Heck, a broken down, aged Brian Roberts last season put him to shame.. He is just in the lineup until Manny gets back.

what is that supposed to mean? Some of you really don't have a clue what you are watching. You care more about style than substance. People are posting they are "happy" with his performance??? I sure as heck am not. He was not good. He walked three batters and gave up two (2) yes that is two, two run homers in six innings with a very elevated pitch count. His results were about what you would expect from a number 5 starter, not a number two guy.

Again, you're harping on one mistake and one solid contact home run. Period. End of story. It's not like he let a gazillion guys get on base and he was lucky to get away with only have 4 guys come around to score. Was he awesome tonight? No. But he wasn't bad. His command was decent. His stuff was good. Hopefully, he'll cut down on some of the mistakes.

Ryan Flaherty may not have the bat to play as a starter.

On top of that, why is Schoop not playing? I thought the idea was he would play every day, either in Norfolk or Baltimore. If he is going to be with the team and cutting into his service time he needs to be in the lineup. I hope he is not going to sit against all RHPs.

Lombardozzi did have some good swings to his credit.

Regardless Flaherty should be nothing more than a platoon player and backup as long as we are giving Schoop a chance.

Again, you're harping on one mistake and one solid contact home run. Period. End of story. It's not like he let a gazillion guys get on base and he was lucky to get away with only have 4 guys come around to score. Was he awesome tonight? No. But he wasn't bad. His command was decent. His stuff was good. Hopefully, he'll cut down on some of the mistakes.

Well, his "mistakes" cost us the game didn't they? I am not saying he is Jake Arietta bad, but he didn't pitch like a number 2 guy either. Again, Feldman, Hammel or even Gausman or Steve Johnson could have done that well.

Whoever said he was a major league hitter? Heck, a broken down, aged Brian Roberts last season put him to shame.. He is just in the lineup until Manny gets back.

Last season: RF = 1.4 WAR, BROB = .9 WAR

And Flaherty had less playing time.

Well, his "mistakes" cost us the game didn't they? I am not saying he is Jake Arietta bad, but he didn't pitch like a number 2 guy either. Again, Feldman, Hammel or even Gausman or Steve Johnson could have done that well.

For one game. Jimenez has been a solid major league pitcher in his career, clearly a cut above Feldman or Hammel and way above Steve Johnson's level. Gausman may turn out to have a better career, but we need to be patient with him. As to Jimenez, if he takes the ball 30+ times and gives us a 4.00 ERA, I'll feel we got our money's worth.

If you're going to say 4 ER in 6 IP cost us the game, you'd be hard pressed to find a pitcher who won't cost you A LOT of games in the AL East.

I get that you would rather have Hammel than Jimenez. Let's maybe give them a few starts before we start running them over?

If you fault him for the Ortiz homer, I can see you thinking he had a bad game. But I personally don't and think that the other homer he gave up was a mistake he doesn't make often. Add to this that he doesn't have a very high HR rate, every run he have up was on a HR, and his stuff looked good and I'm not too concerned. I'm not overly happy but I don't think he pitched a bad game against arguably the best and most patient lineup in the league.

Archived