Reactionary Thread for Loss #1

Rene88

Well, his "mistakes" cost us the game didn't they? I am not saying he is Jake Arietta bad, but he didn't pitch like a number 2 guy either. Again, Feldman, Hammel or even Gausman or Steve Johnson could have done that well.
The difference is that none of those guys could ever do what Jimenez is capable of, for instance the entire second half of last season...

Using your logic, we should release Chris Davis and sign me to take his place, because I can do what he has done at the plate so far this season ...

Absolutely.

And you would be a lot cheaper, also. Instead of paying Davis a little over $10 Million, we could pay you only $500,000, and use the extra money toward signing Machado and/or Wieters to extensions.

It's amazing how often that the simple solution evades us.

Fat chance, I just hired Boras ... I'm willing to sit until late June until I get paid ...

You bastard !!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You bastard !!!

Haha, I gotta get mine! I played all three OF positions and first base in high school. I even pitched a little and played emergency third base for a short stretch there...MLB hasn't seen versatility like that since Steve Lyons. I can also hit with some power from the left side if you only throw straight fastballs down the middle of the plate below about 82 MPH.

That kind of quality don't come cheap, my friend...

Are there teams that could not use an All Star, MVP caliber player like Pedroia? Most teams don't have one.

Of course every team could use another great player. The O's have their share of great players already. The problem is that too many of the O's players have the same offensive profile--high power, low OBP. We could use a player like Pedroia whose offensive value comes primarily from OBP rather than power, to diversify our attack. Our game-to-game volatility in runs scored is likely to be very high this season, due to the all-or-nothing nature of an offense built around the longball.

I guess another way to look at it is this. I think we see what we want to see way more often than we acknowledge. If you are nervous Ubaldo got the years and money, well then last night will certainly validate that for you. Me, I think the O's are gonna be pretty good this year. I see that we are 1-1 against the World Series Champs in two games that we could have easily lost.

Win one tonight and we are exactly where we need to be....don't win, and we will just have to go get em tomorrow.

Really? Out of all the things to not believe about this team, that's the one? That's a guarantee, brother. He just isn't great at recognizing it. It's his flaw. Get used to it.

Worried Chen will be lighting lights on the Christmas tree tonight.

Really? Out of all the things to not believe about this team, that's the one? That's a guarantee, brother. He just isn't great at recognizing it. It's his flaw. Get used to it.

If only they'd fired Presley at the break last year and replaced him with someone who wasn't demanding everyone swing from the heels on every single pitch. Oh well, chalk it up to lessons learned.

We have no leadoff hitter.

I agree. The Nationals have him, and they didn't think he was too expensive and are a small market team like the O's. Losing a leadoff, base stealing, scrappy Gold Glover is a bigger deficit than people realize. Lough isn't McClouth, just a cheaper worse version.

Archived