2014 Wei-Yin Chen Today

Il BuonO

Chen, you're up against the Brew-Crew tomorrow night.

Hard-luck outing last in your last game.

Let's get a W, and extend the team's winning streak to 3 games.

We need a big solid outing by Wei against MIL. I hope the roof is open and he's at his best. Go Chen, go Orioles.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five runs are five runs, but he was at less than 80 pitches through 5. Why not at least let him start the 6th? There's no happy medium with Chen in terms of when to take him out, either he gets left in too long, or they take him out earlier than it looks like he should.

• 2 weeks later...
Need at least 7 innings from him tonight.

Chen has great career numbers against the A's, FWIW. That being said, with Chen not often pitching into the 7th and with the A's proclivity for drawing walks and raising pitch counts (They had Tanaka over 100 pitchers in 6 innings yesterday) I'd be pleased with 6 innings if they are 6 strong. We can hand things off to Webb, ODay and Britton to finish things off. 7 strong though would be outstanding. Here's to hoping that his career norm against the A's holds up.

I'm saying Chen gets rocked tonight.

Buck and staff have said if guys arent pirching good there are others waiting an oppurtunity.

Well I'm calling their bluff. I would guess that our pitchers combined for maybe 5 or 6 QS this year so far. And no changes yet.

Gausman got a look and stunk. Johan is hurt now. Bundy won't be ready for whatt? Another month?

Who are these others in waiting? As long as these guys have no competition they aren't going to be worried about losing their job. No worries equals no care.

I'm saying Chen gets rocked tonight.

Buck and staff have said if guys arent pirching good there are others waiting an oppurtunity.

Well I'm calling their bluff. I would guess that our pitchers combined for maybe 5 or 6 QS this year so far. And no changes yet.

Gausman got a look and stunk. Johan is hurt now. Bundy won't be ready for whatt? Another month?

Who are these others in waiting? As long as these guys have no competition they aren't going to be worried about losing their job. No worries equals no care.

And, how are you doing that exactly? :D;)

And, how are you doing that exactly? :D;)

Word of mouth?

I tell you guys (ppl in BMore) word gets out to the public, public goes to the game, public starts booing?

Os fans just had a taste of the playoffs. And we want to get back. They aren't playing like they expect to, so a change should be made. I don't think it's unfair for us to start pushing Buck to make a move.

Fans control a lot. In Denver for the Broncos Tebow only got his chance because of tje Fans voice. Even when he succeeded they( ownership/management)still didn't want him. So how do you stop the Tebow chant? Just get rid of him.

Point being, if Fans start chanting Gausmans name or even Bundys (even though he is still recovering and not ready) Buck will get the picture that we want a change and be force to make a change. Wouldn't he? And if he was serious about what he said, giving the previous results from the pitchers then he should want a change also.

Someone said a while back that Buck looked frustrated in the Astros serious and I agree. He made that statement before the Stros series. So if he meant it, why hasn't he done anything?

Because, like I said, other than Gausman who do we really have?

Chen has great career numbers against the A's, FWIW. That being said, with Chen not often pitching into the 7th and with the A's proclivity for drawing walks and raising pitch counts (They had Tanaka over 100 pitchers in 6 innings yesterday) I'd be pleased with 6 innings if they are 6 strong. We can hand things off to Webb, ODay and Britton to finish things off. 7 strong though would be outstanding. Here's to hoping that his career norm against the A's holds up.

As Maxwell Smart would say, "missed it by that much" Cespedes' double was fair by an inch, otherwise... sigh... :( Almost nailed the prediction.

Strike (looking), Strike (looking), Ball, Ball, Ball, D Norris homered to left center (392 feet)

This is the problem with the staff. 0-2 Nibble Nibble Nibble Meatball HR

Archived