2014 Wei-Yin Chen Today

Il BuonO

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In 8 out of 13 games he's started this season, Chen has allowed 2 ER or less. He's allowed 5 ER twice (season high), 4 ER twice, and 3 ER once. Not too shabby.

I think Chen is even more underappreciated than Nick. The moniker "league average lefty" sounds way more mediocre than it actually is. For all the idle dreams of Tilly the ace and The good Ubaldo, Chen and Gonzo are the heart and soul of the starting staff.

I think Chen is even more underappreciated than Nick. The moniker "league average lefty" sounds way more mediocre than it actually is. For all the idle dreams of Tilly the ace and The good Ubaldo, Chen and Gonzo are the heart and soul of the starting staff.

I think you nailed it Chavez, those two guys have been our most dependable starters since mid 2012.

There's certainly something to be said for almost never imploding/allowing a blowout. Tillman's had a couple of games this year that were better than any of Chen's best, but Chen hasn't gotten kicked around as much (or as often) as Tillman.

There's certainly something to be said for almost never imploding/allowing a blowout. Tillman's had a couple of games this year that were better than any of Chen's best, but Chen hasn't gotten kicked around as much (or as often) as Tillman.

You're talking like he's done. Send him back out there, son! He's under 100 pitches. Let's go! Delay? Ah....

I agree. I'd like to see him have a good August and September, which he hasn't really done in 2012-13. If he can do that, he'll be more appreciated.

Hitt his spots today. Really fun to watch when he is sharp like that. Labored a bit in the 5th and 6th but got some big ground balls to get out of trouble. ERA down to 3.76, best on the staff, and going for his 7th win if the O's hold on. Also hit 95 on the gun at one point today.

Dayum. Chen is starting to look like the second coming of Dave McNally.

We have pick up his option and extend him. We need his consistency as we develop a rotation. At this point we cannot replace his consistency. To quote Davey Johnson "it's a no brainer." Get it done Duquette.

MONEY. I'd say pick up the option. With Tillman getting sloppy at times and Jimenez just flat out NOT being consistent. Do it. Its pretty team friendly for what he has done. But again this can be done in October; not now.

Archived