2014 Zach Britton Today

Il BuonO

I thought I'd start one for select BP guys considering how they look. Britton has been impressive and there even some calls for him back in the rotation. I don't know about that, but he's definitely getting it done in the pen.

vs the Red Sox 3/31

IP 2

H 1

R 0

BB 0

S0 0

2014 ERA 0.00

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought I'd start one for select BP guys considering how they look. Britton has been impressive and there even some calls for him back in the rotation. I don't know about that, but he's definitely getting it done in the pen.

vs the Red Sox 3/31

IP 2

H 1

R 0

BB 0

S0 0

2014 ERA 0.00

Well we might be seeing him an inning or two today, hopefully he can continue to be a bright spot for us. The way things are going, I'm betting we'll see him get a couple starts before the season of Spring is over.

Well, other than forcing in a run with a walk he did a fine job again and even on that AB I thought the umpire squeezed him for a call, but he made Matt reach for it and you rarely get those. Good velocity and a ton of movement on the two seamer.

Right now I'm not sure there is a guy I'd want to face less than Zach.

IP 2

H 0

R 0

BB 1

SO 2

2014 ERA 0.00

Gotta wonder how much longer before he gets a shot at the rotation again. I think he's definitely the first man up in case of an injury.

He's not stretched out, but Buck could get him easy innings just by letting him finish every time Jimenez gets a start. That's a guaranteed three or four right there. ;)

And nice to see you here again.

Zach remains perfect in relief this year.

IP 2

H 0

R 0

BB 1

SO 1

2014 ERA 0.00

He's been amazing. Opponents hitting are .080 off him this year. So glad to see him finally figure things out. He and Tillman are great examples of how it can pay off big time to be patient with pitching prospects.

I've noticed that Tillman is very close to pitching from the stretch.

His front shoulder is pointing to the plate and he takes a very short step back with his left foot to begin his windup. Less moving parts than a traditional full windup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to see Britton as a starter eventually. He's a big strong kid who I think has finally figured

it out and I think one of Chen, Miguel or Norris (even with Bud's solid outing last night) will pitch

their way out of the rotation. I think it could be Chen.

I don't want to risk putting that much strain on his shoulder.

Archived