Name an ace

TakebackOPACY

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How on earth has no one named Scott Kazmir yet?

Because every time I go into a game, I feel like we have a good chance to leave with a win. Same thing with King Felix.

I wouldn't call Zambrano an ace either. A pitcher who can't control his emotions enough that he gets into a fight with his catcher during a game can't control his emotions enough to be a leader.

Now if you want to ask who is an ace in the making, I would say Kazmir, Loewen, and Chris Young. I don't like King Felix, and I think Liriano will be injured consistently throughout his career.

My aces

Santana

Webb

Sabathia

Peavy

Beckett

Halladay

Smoltz

Kazmir

Verlander (how could anyone forget him?)

Sheets (when healthy)

I feel that at one point, Pedro and Oswalt were aces. Not anymore.

I also feel that Bedard isn't a leader. An ace leads by example, and when he isn't playing, he's sulking on the bench.

My future aces

Loewen

Haren

Liriano

Young

I feel Yovani Gallardo has a chance to be an ace.

I feel that at one point, Pedro and Oswalt were aces. Not anymore.

If I may inquire, why do you consider Oswalt a once ace? Granted, I don't watch a ton of NL ball but from what I do gather, he's consistently been one of the best pitchers in the league. He doesn't have the gaudy strikeout numbers of some of the others on your ace's list, but the only blemish I see on his ML resume is one season where he only tossed 127 innings (and they were quality innings). He's no spring chicken but at 29/30, he's hardly a dinosaur.

How would you rank these pitchers: Johan Santana, Josh Beckett, Jake Peavy, Roy Halladay, Brandon Webb, A.J. Burnett, Scott Kazmir, Dan Haren, Erik Bedard, C.C. Sabathia and Carlos Zambrano?

For me it's:

Johan Santana

C.C. Sabathia

Josh Beckett

Roy Halladay

Erik Bedard

Jake Peavy

Brandon Webb

Carlos Zambrano

Dan Haren

A.J. Burnett

Scott Kazmir

How does everybody else rank these guys?

How would you rank these pitchers: Johan Santana, Josh Beckett, Jake Peavy, Roy Halladay, Brandon Webb, A.J. Burnett, Scott Kazmir, Dan Haren, Erik Bedard, and Carlos Zambrano?

For me it's:

Johan Santana

Josh Beckett

Roy Halladay

Erik Bedard

Jake Peavy

Brandon Webb

Carlos Zambrano

Dan Haren

A.J. Burnett

Scott Kazmir

Santana, Peavy, halladay, Beckett, Webb, Zambrano, Bedard, haren, Kazmir, Burnett

How would you rank these pitchers: Johan Santana, Josh Beckett, Jake Peavy, Roy Halladay, Brandon Webb, A.J. Burnett, Scott Kazmir, Dan Haren, Erik Bedard, and Carlos Zambrano?

For me it's:

Johan Santana

Josh Beckett

Roy Halladay

Erik Bedard

Jake Peavy

Brandon Webb

Carlos Zambrano

Dan Haren

A.J. Burnett

Scott Kazmir

Santana

Beckett

Peavy

Halladay

Bedard

Webb

Kazmir

Haren

Zambrano

Burnett

Archived