An Addition from Norfolk Tomorrow. A DL

weams

Worried that it may be Lough, when the word seems to be that Hardy will be in the line-up tomorrow. I was curious as to why Lough wasn't in the line-up today versus a righty. I realize that Young had good career numbers against Nova, and obviously that worked out well for Delmon and the O's today. But still, I though it was a tad odd.

Guess we just have to hurry up and wait.

Weeks plays some outfield.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good guess. I'm thinking you're correct.

We'll see. For the record, RZNJ first mentioned it in the thread, but I was thinking along the same lines, especially, as has also been mentioned, when he didn't enter the game as a defensive replacement in the blow out.

Buck would settle for a defensive platoon of Weeks and Cruz? Even for a short time? Don't we have a better OFer?

My guess, and yours is just as good as mine, is no. Cruz will play LF and Delmon will DH. Pearce, with his ability to play corner OF and 1B, IMO, keeps him on the bench for in game emergencies and pinch hit match-up with lefties. Especially late in a game where Flaherty is up facing a lefty reliever. Now we have Weeks to come in to replace Flaherty.

Archived