An Addition from Norfolk Tomorrow. A DL

weams

The Orioles really didn't have much choice about who to bring up. The only players with OF experience on the 40-man roster were Weeks - a.500 BA - and Urruita, a .143 BA. Weeks will likely just be here so Buck can use his speed if necessary. Weeks has only played 4 ML games, and a total of 10 innings in the outfield. Looks like Cruz will be the main guy in LF for a while.

Not much choice? You are saying that a poor four or five game start by Urrutia somehow pretty much disqualifies him from consideration?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is everyone saying we need to bring up someone who can play outfield? We have 3 left fielders on the roster after lough is gone, pierce, Cruz and young. With hardy being day to day we have ZERO backup infielders. That's 3 positions that have no back ups. We absolutely need another infielder. I say when lough comes back in two weeks pierce gets dfa'd. If need be anyone on that roster can play the outfield including Davis, clevenger and weiters. Ok maybe not weiters;) I can't say the same for the 3 infield positions.

Confirmed Lough per Roch.

It's not confirmed it's speculation still until a move is made.

Young had great numbers against Nova so I wouldn't rule out Lough was sat for that reason and it's not Lough injured but Hardy is going on the DL.

Gives a little more flexibility to PH for one of the infielders at least. Weakens the OF defense, but not like Lough was producing very much.

Produces in the field, even when not AB. Picked off that guy stretching a single into a double the other day.

Steals bases too.

I think we're going to see Cruz in LF pretty much all the time until he proves he can't handle it. I think he's the starting left fielder now, and Lough is the 4th outfielder. Of course, I'm probably wrong, but that's what I think.

Probably not wrong at all. Buck likes Cruz in the OF. Roch quotes from days ago I'm to lazy to go back and find.

Why is everyone saying we need to bring up someone who can play outfield? We have 3 left fielders on the roster after lough is gone, pierce, Cruz and young. With hardy being day to day we have ZERO backup infielders. That's 3 positions that have no back ups. We absolutely need another infielder. I say when lough comes back in two weeks pierce gets dfa'd. If need be anyone on that roster can play the outfield including Davis, clevenger and weiters. Ok maybe not weiters;) I can't say the same for the 3 infield positions.

No offense meant to you, I'm just OCD. It's PEARCE, not Pierce.

We sure have a lot of 2B/3B/SS/OF. Slash 1B/OF. Flexibility for Buck.

Like I said. DD is God. Rolls with the punches like it's NO thang. ;)

Our weaknesses during the offseason position wise were LF and 2B. Now we have 20 of those. haha. Play the hot hand. Right now it's Delmon Young to DH and Cruz in LF. Weeks could gets some ab's and win 2B. Maybe Cord Phelps takes the job. With the lineup and payroll that we have these are the types of players we have to have to fill a few spots in the lineup.

Probably not wrong at all. Buck likes Cruz in the OF. Roch quotes from days ago I'm to lazy to go back and find.

Hey mister OCD, that's "too", not "to". :)

Just kidding. Proper grammar is one of the things that I love about this site.

Archived