Britt's Birdwatch: Adam Jones Talks Fans on the Field

weams

?I let them know how I felt, obviously a lot of choice words because I think it?s idiotic for people to run on the field and I think the punishment needs to be a lot harsher,? Jones said. ?And they should let us have a shot to kick them with our metal spikes on because it?s stupid.

You look like a [idiot] when you run on the field. We don?t go to any other events. We don?t go to other sporting events and do that to their jobs, but they come to ours and do that. I get it, you?re drunk and you want to be on SportsCenter. Your [butt] is going to jail with a fine, and you might not be allowed to come back to the ballpark.?

Tuesday?s violators came from the left-field corner and made it to centerfield with one hiding by second baseman Ryan Flaherty to avoid being captured.

?I remember a couple of years ago, one dude broke his ankle in Baltimore,? Jones said. ?I was laughing at him. I wish he shattered his femur because it?s stupid. It?s just plain old stupid. Anybody who does it, I wish the cops tase the living **** out of them. I wish that.?

?I wasn?t sure whether to get out of the way of the guy or tackle him,? Flaherty said. ?He was there, but it was kind of funny

http://brittghiroli.mlblogs.com/2014/04/08/jones-on-on-field-perpetrators-they-should-let-us-have-a-shot-to-kick-them-with-metal-spikes-on/

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let them ride the lightning, I say. People won't run out on the field if they get tased. They could be a danger to the players, light them up then lock them up.

If baseball really wants to keep people off the field, they need to make it impossible to REACH the field. Higher rails, Japanese-league like nets, etc., etc.

Zapping the drunks wouldn't do the league any good whatsoever.

There were those two dudes in, was it KC or Chicago (?), who actually stabbed the Royals first base coach some years ago.

Tom Gamboa was coaching first base for the Kansas City Royals. The father and son ran onto the field shirtless and attacked Gamboa.

There were those two dudes in, was it KC or Chicago (?), who actually stabbed the Royals first base coach some years ago.

A sad event, but ultimately not entirely avoidable. Would the threat of being tased really have kept two guys that were already THAT crazy off the field? Of course not. And it happened so fast that it's unlikely that security COULD have tased them before anything happened.

Archived