Some info

MoeknowsO's

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it sounds crazy, but I would not be surprised if Gibbons is another player going back to Seattle. There has been some speculation on the Seattle boards about this. They need a left-handed bat and Gibbons has pretty good numbers at Safeco:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS

SAFECO Field 25 85 12 25 2 0 5 16 6 15 0 0 .294 .337 .494 .831

I think it is a smart negotiating move by AM (if he is doing it) to try to include Gibbons to clear a very difficult to move 40 man roster space, especially if Seattle is unwilling to yield on the number of "premium" prospects they will include. This may not be too far-fetched if we pick up some of Jay's salary.

Maybe one man's junk is another man's treasure!

I just hope we don't do something stupid like include Penn and only walk away with a Chen type guy.

"Oh, boy. Temperature rising. Vision blurring. Rage taking over."

I'd be very angry about that. Never trade a player whose value is lower than what can rightfully be expected to increase a great deal.

Keep Penn.

"Rage subsiding. Pulse slowing. Anger fading."

That was close. :D

*Quotes from Mystery Men, and Ben Stiller's character; Mr. Furious.

No...That's why i posted that. I am thinking the throw in player is someone like Rocky Cherry or JJ Johnson...Someone like that.

Just hoping its not someone like Penn.

Well what if Penn allowed us to walk away with Triunfel? I'm sure you'd be okay with that swap. I'm not saying that has a possiblity of happening, but we don't know what that throw-in player gets us as extra...

In another thread, another poster heard that it's a 5-for-1 deal for Bedard. Bigbird mentioned a 5 player deal last night, I think.

I have my fingers crossed for Jones, Tillman, Sherrill, Butler and Chen.

Just to be clear the trade bigbird mentioned last night was his opinion. Granted, his opinion may be a bit more informed than many of us ;) .

from bigbird:

It's my opinion we're asking for 5 players in return for Bedard:

Jones, Tillman, Sherill, and 2 non roster upper prospects.

Just to be clear the trade bigbird mentioned last night was his opinion. Granted, his opinion may be a bit more informed than many of us ;) .
It's my opinion we're asking for 5 players in return for Bedard:

Jones, Tillman, Sherill, and 2 non roster upper prospects.

That's asking for way too much unless you're throwing at least one fairly significant prospect and/or serviceable veteran in with Bedard.

No...That's why i posted that. I am thinking the throw in player is someone like Rocky Cherry or JJ Johnson...Someone like that.

Just hoping its not someone like Penn.

To be honest with you, I'd feel a little better about including a young pitcher in this deal now that we've added Patton & Albers to the mix than I would have before the Tejada deal.

How do you think Patton compares to Penn?

I know Penn's ceiling is high, and I do like him. I think he's going to be a good one.... but if including Penn gets me Jones, Clement, Tillman and whomever else, I would probably do it.

I'd rather include Patton or Olson b/c their value/ceiling ratio is probably better than Penn's or Albers'.

I would not include Radhames Liz.

That's asking for way too much unless you're throwing at least one fairly significant prospect and/or serviceable veteran in with Bedard.

Yeah, I think you are probably right, if Chen and Butler are those two non-roster prospects.

I really have no clue what to expect. All I know is that I think I would just rather have Jones and Clement and not worry so much about additional pieces. But, I've resigned myself to the fact that this is not going to happen.

It looks like a lot, but considering the M's would be keeping Clement, Triunfel, and Morrow in that scenario, I'd say all sides would be happy with the outcome.

It's speculation about speculation. No offense to anyone, but it's worthless info.

If that is the case then everything I have read or heard during the off season is worthless, because nothing has happened. 90% of us on OH waiting for something to go down, what else is there to talk about? Baseball season hasn't started yet.

Archived