Some info

MoeknowsO's

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I's also my opinion that Clement, Morrow ro the young SS are not in the deal.

That's what I feel as well, Triunfel is too untouchable for them and he shouldn't be a dealbreaker. Clement and/or Morrow could probably be going in a Bay trade. If Butler is coming back, he's a nice pitching prospect and with Butler and Tillman we get their best two pitching prospects.

Ah yes....the ol' friend of someone in the press who has a friend in the press routine.....:rolleyes:

Smaller than a grain of salt.....:D

The gentleman qualified his post by saying take it with a grain of salt, so he is trying to be responsible in his post. He is not on guaranteeing a trade. It is worth noting. I think Bedard must things are close witness his outburst in the days papers. Things need to happen for the good of the team and Erik and the bored group of fans who are trying to find something to look forward to this season. Thanks to Moe for saying what he has heard.

That's what I feel as well, Triunfel is too untouchable for them and he shouldn't be a dealbreaker. Clement and/or Morrow could probably be going in a Bay trade. If Butler is coming back, he's a nice pitching prospect and with Butler and Tillman we get their best two pitching prospects.

Precisely. And considering Morrow's supposedly not in the deal, I think it's fair that the M's offer up both Tillman and Butler.

Looks like Jones, Tillman, Sherrill, Butler, and Chen might be coming to fruition. ;)

That's a terrible trade as far as I'm concerned. Jones is fine. And I sort-of understand Sherill. But two 19/20 y.o. pitchers who haven't set the world on fire and a low-upside infielder?*

Oy. I won't be happy. Stupid, stupid trade.

Edited to note that I know I'm undervaluing Tillman. I just don't love his profile.

If that is the case then everything I have read or heard during the off season is worthless, because nothing has happened. 90% of us on OH waiting for something to go down,

That sounds about right.

what else is there to talk about? Baseball season hasn't started yet.

That's the main problem right there...

I understand you can never have enough pitching but im hoping they consider Matt Mangini and Greg Halman. Does anyone feel that another deal is in place after the bedard deal. I mean we would be getting possibally three 3 pitchers in this deal along with probally atleast one in the roberts deal along with what we got in the Miggy deal seems like an awful lot. Im really hoping we package some for some blocked postional players. lillibridge would be lovely and i know the Pads have a few blocked guys. I know im jumping ahead but things could be getting very exciting around here.

That's a terrible trade as far as I'm concerned. Jones is fine. And I sort-of understand Sherill. But two 19/20 y.o. pitchers who haven't set the world on fire and a low-upside infielder?

Oy. I won't be happy. Stupid, stupid trade.

Keep in mind this is just conjecture. The only people rumored to be in the deal thus far are Jones, Sherrill, and Tillman. The other candidate(s) is/are a mystery.

Personally, if we're including a prospect (w/ upside) in the deal, I hope we get back one of Clement, Triunfel or Morrow.

My opinion is it's very, very, close...and will be complete as soon as they can agree on the other pieced besides Jones, tillman and Sherill. I's also my opinion that Clement, Morrow ro the young SS are not in the deal.

Call me crazy, but having to work out the other pieces doesn't sound too close. The players you named have long been considered shoo-ins..

Archived