Some info

MoeknowsO's

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thx for the info.

Is Murton in or out of the possible deal for BRob?

Hopefully, he's in. I know a lot of people on this board (including myself), would have no problem trading Roberts for a package of Gallagher, Murton and Cedeno/Epatt. I'd much rather have Murton than Marshall.

Only problem is that BB stated he "thinks" that that Clement, Morrow, or Truifel are not in the deal.

So we are looking at Jones, Tillman, Sherrill, and Tui/Chen/Butler.

Chen, who needs to be added to the 40 man would be logical with BRob possibly gone, but I do think 40 roster spots need to be consider (Yes agree we could dump a lot of players).

I vote for Tui or Butler to be the 4th. Would prefer Butler, but we need positional players. Things could change if we get Murton and Cedeno/Patterson in a BRob deal.

Just remember that Tillman doesn't have to go on the 40 man.

You hearing the same names in the bedard trade joey. What about the roberts to cubs trade are you hearing new names being mentioned.

Thanks

I don't have an O's source, but since the Cubs talked to the O's, they were obviously turned down, and told the M's had a better deal with them.

I know that Jones, Sherrill, Chen, Tillman are the likely players.

BTW, the Cubs would have traded Pie/Gallagher/Murton/Hill + more in a Robertes/Bedard deal that was shot down.

Just remember that Tillman doesn't have to go on the 40 man.

Understand, but we have:

Jones and Sherill at the very least coming on.

Then if BRob gets traded you have:

Patterson, Murton, Gallagher, or Marshall coming on in some combo.

Again this assuming that we deal BRob to Chi.

I guess we could send Cherry back, believe something like that has been discussed.

I don't have an O's source, but since the Cubs talked to the O's, they were obviously turned down, and told the M's had a better deal with them.

BTW, the Cubs would have traded Pie/Gallagher/Murton/Hill + more in a Robertes/Bedard deal that was shot down.

I find it hard to believe they would have traded Hill in a Bedard trade. Not saying you're lying, but it just doesn't make sense.

Without Clement , Morrow, or Triunfel... I believ we will likely get 5 as BB suggested.

So we could get bot Butler & Chen in that Scenario

Jones, Tillman, Sherrill,Butler, & Chen

Gallagher, Murton, & a 3rd ...Still dont like Patterson or Cedeno... Doubt Patterson if we are getting Chen ... I would rather seem them get a ss prospects like Lillibridge or Briganc or someone like that!

BB confirmed what Moe stated today. Moe stated 4 players coming back.

Believe me, I would be happy with 5 players coming back, just trying to go by the 'facts' that we have been told today. Understand things could change or have changed.

Pie and Hill? Damn, that would've been tempting.

We haven't been told any 'facts' today. Four "sources" (3 in this thread) of varying degrees of credibility - basically regurgitating what we've all been speculating about for weeks now.

Could a deal be really close now? Sure. I personally hope so. That said, I'm not holding my breath yet.

These are the players I would ask for.

Bedard for Jones, Tillman, Sherrill, Butler and Tui.

Roberts for Gallagher, Murton and Cedeno

Flip Sherrill or Walker for Lillibridge

Forget about Chen. Lillibridge is better.

Cedeno makes a lot of E's and doesn't look like he can handle MLB pitching. I may be wrong but I'd rather have Veal as the third guy from the Cubs.

I agree trade for Lillibridge or Brignac if they can ... Chen is a 2B and might turn out to be a pretty good leadoff hitter.

I can't imagine who would leadoff if they do what you have suggested?

Archived