The Orioles are a game out of first. A series win or sweep could make them the leader

weams

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can you guys believe the Evil Empire is in first place? After all their injuries? Looks alot like last year. Sucks!

Last year the Yanks hung around first place until the end of May or so........so there is plenty of time left for them to tank, no worries! :)

But yea, Pineda and Tanaka could be huge difference makers for them this year if they stay healthy.

Big big series coming up. A series win or sweep could put the orioles in first and push the Sox into the deep end of the pool without their floaties. A series loss or sweep could put the orioles in last and give the Sox a big step up.

I know it's only April but this feels like one of the top 5 most important series of the season to me. As slow as it is, baseball is very much a game of momentum.

Big big series coming up. A series win or sweep could put the orioles in first and push the Sox into the deep end of the pool without their floaties. A series loss or sweep could put the orioles in last and give the Sox a big step up.

I know it's only April but this feels like one of the top 5 most important series of the season to me. As slow as it is, baseball is very much a game of momentum.

Considering we've only played 5 series thus far, I think that's a pretty good bet ;)

• 2 weeks later...
The Orioles are a game out of first place.

Still in 2nd place.

Gotta catch those Damn Yankees.

o

YANKEES .....)Oo 14-10

ORIOLES .....o0O 12-11

RED SOX OOOOO 12-13

BLUE JAYS0..O 11-13

D-RAYS.........)0O 11-13

Still in 2nd place.

Gotta catch those Damn Yankees.

o

YANKEES .....)Oo 14-10

ORIOLES .....o0O 12-11

RED SOX OOOOO 12-13

BLUE JAYS0..O 11-13

D-RAYS.........)0O 11-13

Still hard to believe even after all the difficulties we have been through. Everyone in this division has a weakness that is being exposed here at the beginning of the season. I think some of this might be due to them beating up on each other as well?

Still hard to believe even after all the difficulties we have been through. Everyone in this division has a weakness that is being exposed here at the beginning of the season. I think some of this might be due to them beating up on each other as well?

I do, too--there's not a weak team in the bunch and they're all playing hard and hurt already. How well each team does against the rest of the league--and in interleague play--is going to open up some room in the standings.

To think: We lost our All-Star third baseman. We lost our All-Star shortstop. We've been missing our All-Star first baseman. Frankly, our infield has been more or less running on 3 cylinders the whole season so far, and it's really our strength. Plus, we're out one of our better bullpen lefties.

In addition, we've played ONLY good teams and great teams for the most part.

And we have some slow starters on our pitching staff (ahem, Ubaldo).

What I'm trying to say is, we're going to make the playoffs.

Archived