The Orioles are a game out of first. A series win or sweep could make them the leader

weams

The Orioles are a game out of first place.

Half a game back.

o

YANKEES .....)Oo 15-12

ORIOLES .....o0O 14-12

BLUE JAYS0..O 13-15

D-RAYS.........)0O 13-16

RED SOX OOOOO 13-16

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
o

Half a game back again.

YANKEES .....)Oo 16-13

ORIOLES .....o0O 15-13

RED SOX OOOOO 15-16

D-RAYS.........)0O 14-17

BLUE JAYS0..O 13-17

Steel cage match of a division! This is gonna be ugly all year.

Steel cage match of a division! This is gonna be ugly all year.

Yes, but later (having finished the first round a few games ago). I'm hoping that this is the part of the schedule when the O's not only take first place, but by a good margin. They're bound to need the cushion later.

• 2 weeks later...
Some team better get hot. You'd think it could be the Orioles. They are young, talented and have a powerful lineup. But no.They really haven't stepped up at all …yet.
Jones is hitting. Manny and Hardy are heating up, Markakis and Cruz are still contributing. All it would take would be for CD to get on track. I guess that couldn't possibly happen though.

Jones is hitting. Manny and Hardy are heating up, Markakis and Cruz are still contributing. All it would take would be for CD to get on track. I guess that couldn't possibly happen though.

Oblique sense of humor.

We had our "ace" on the mound against awful Wandy Rodriguez coming off a 3 HR game from Davis.

I know "its just baseball", but this is a game you should win. And we didn't. Thats why we aren't a great

team. Good maybe. But not a great team.

I guess the Tigers are just maybe a good team as well. The reason this team's record right now isn't much better is because they have played terrible at home. They need to figure that out. Tonight's loss was tough because they scored 8, but games like these happen.

The O's are playing at a 90 win pace since the 1-4 start. That's with injuries to Davis, Machado, Hardy, and Wieters...Jones, Markakis, and Machado hitting poorly... Hardy not having a home run... Schoop, Lough, and Flaherty being major disappointments... Tillman pitching terribly... And scoring under 3 runs a game and having a record under .500 at home...

This team has been good, even with all these problems, and will be great IMO.

Archived