Red Sox Tickets

aggro5288

Ridiculous. I wanted to buy my dad tickets to see the Orioles play at Fenway. I know it's going to sell out quick so I have a plan... Single game tickets went on sale this morning at 10 a.m. - I have a lot of experience buying tickets as soon as they go on sale, so I log on at 9:45 to see what's up, and they're doing a "virtual waiting room" thing. I've been in this "waiting room" on four separate computers at my house for 2 hours and 20 minutes with no luck, and I was calling nonstop for about 30 minutes before giving up.

Did anyone else try to get any tickets? Any success stories?

We have to make a trip up to Boston this summer to visit graduate schools and family, and decided this would be a nice time to try to see a game at Fenway.

32 VWRs open for 3 hrs, same with my parents at home, no dice yet. Probably going to wind up on Stubhub. This is almost as frustrating as trying to get Rockies WS tickets, with the difference being that at least these windows don't crash.

Patience pays off. 3.5 hours, 32 windows, and I finally got in. Then it was another 15 minutes of clicking Continue every 5 seconds in response to high transaction volume errors, but it finally processed my request and I got 4 tickets.

Keep trying, guys. Many people give up in the late afternoon and there are still seats available. From the selection I had, there's still a lot out there.

Edit: And in response to AO's post, be careful with eBay, because the Sox have been known to void tickets they find being auctioned there. Stubhub is safer.

I dunno about BOS tickets, but whenever I'm in NYC when the MFY's are in town, I go see a game there. For ordinary games, the best thing to do is wait until the bottom-1st or top-2nd, and the dang scalpers all-the-sudden become nice people. Their unsold tickets are about to have zero-value, so you can get them dirt-cheap. By the bottom-2nd, they're desperate. Like $5 for a ticket that they wanted $75 or $100 for just half-an-inning or inning before. I'd guess this would work at Fenway, but I really don't know.

Archived