Biz of Baseball: Portlandia?

weams

MLB to Portland? Jim Johnson is not the A's biggest problem.

"The A's have a problem. Baseball has a problem. Portland is the solution."

I'm talking with long-time Portland business associate, Lynn Lashbrook. Since 2000, he and I have been in steady contact about the possibility of bringing Major League Baseball to Portland. Lashbrook, the city's biggest cheerleader for bringing MLB to the market, remains ever the optimist. I, given the changes in how the Montreal Expos relocation was structured, and the situation with the Major Leagues today, am not.

oakland_athletics_logo_new_lg.jpg

California definitely has their share for sports teams already....why not? Of course some A's fans might think differently.

I think it might be a pressure to move them to San Jose, and at least keep them in CA. It is kinda becoming a bit like the DC> situation where the landslide was coming and they acquiesced to Peter's wishes. Look for some compensation to San Fran so the As can go to San Jose.

I think it might be a pressure to move them to San Jose, and at least keep them in CA. It is kinda becoming a bit like the DC> situation where the landslide was coming and they acquiesced to Peter's wishes. Look for some compensation to San Fran so the As can go to San Jose.

This solution makes by far the most objective sense.

I agree. That's what is best.

Also agree with McLovin. I don't think Portland could support a ML team.

Archived