Ubaldo Jimenez is Consistent

Old#5fan

After a solid outing last night, I believe that the book is still out on what kind of season Jimenez will have overall in 2014.

JIMENEZ 2014 GAME LOG:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/gl.cgi?id=jimenub01&t=p&year=2014

What ever the book on him ends up being, the team I believe has won only two games he has started and lost 9. That is terrible any way you slice it...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What ever the book on him ends up being, the team I believe has won only two games he has started and lost 9. That is terrible any way you slice it...

Are you really going to blame Ubaldo for the O's failure to score more than 1 run against the Astros? Or what about the game in which he shut out the Tigers through seven innings? He didn't allow the Tigers to score a run, but the O's lost anyway...is that on Ubaldo? He also had two pretty bad games against KC and Cleveland...the thing is, the O's were shut out in both of those games. Is it Ubaldo's fault that the O's couldn't score at all. Or were the odds simply good that, no matter who was pitching for the O's, scoring zero runs in a game would lead to a loss?

Are you really going to blame Ubaldo for the O's failure to score more than 1 run against the Astros? Or what about the game in which he shut out the Tigers through seven innings? He didn't allow the Tigers to score a run, but the O's lost anyway...is that on Ubaldo? He also had two pretty bad games against KC and Cleveland...the thing is, the O's were shut out in both of those games. Is it Ubaldo's fault that the O's couldn't score at all. Or were the odds simply good that, no matter who was pitching for the O's, scoring zero runs in a game would lead to a loss?

You were expecting something intelligent from IQ5 Fan?

If he were a better team mate they would try harder when he was out there. ;)

Oh man. Citing W-L records for pitchers is a big no-no around here. What is this, 1964? I know you're old, OldFan, but sheesh. Pretty antiquated thinking here even for you.

You were expecting something intelligent from IQ5 Fan?
If he were a better team mate they would try harder when he was out there. ;)
Oh man. Citing W-L records for pitchers is a big no-no around here. What is this, 1964? I know you're old, OldFan, but sheesh. Pretty antiquated thinking here even for you.

Thank you all for stating the obvious, so that I didn't have to.

Much appreciated.

Patrick (Oriole Fan From New York)

Well let's compare him to Tillman. Tilly gets lit up and sure enough late innings the offense scores enough to get him off the hook.

Obviously the position players like Tillman a lot more.

You are joking but there may be a bit of truth to that at least subconsciously as they used to not score many runs for Mussina either and nobody liked him.:laughlol:

Archived