Reminder: Stinson is 4a Fodder

Rene88

In the poster's imagination.

Listen to what I am saying: the definition of 4a is what? September and the Spring is more AAA guys, right? ....

The love fest is people seeing a very small sample size against less than major league level opponents and drawing conclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Listen to what I am saying: the definition of 4a is what? September and the Spring is more AAA guys, right? ....

The love fest is people seeing a very small sample size against less than major league level opponents and drawing conclusions.

But who is drawing conclusions, other than you? Where are the "Josh Stinson walks on water" threads?

The end of spring is not AAA. And I guarantee September vs. the AL East is NOT AAA.

But who is drawing conclusions, other than you? Where are the "Josh Stinson walks on water" threads?

I said love fest (meaning people think he belongs here): I don't. I am sorry you disagree but I didn't say anything about walking on water.

I'll repeat my offer: if you are convinced he is a solid bullpen arm: let's make a friendly bet, just for fun.

I'm not sure you've shown as a love fest of any sort. You certainly haven't shown us that Aceves deserved a spot over him. There's more evidence to suggest Aceves isn't any good anymore than to show that Stinson isn't a ML pitcher.

I would have kept Stinson over some guys (just bc he was out of options) but not Aceves. We will see..

I said love fest (meaning people think he belongs here): I don't. I am sorry you disagree but I didn't say anything about walking on water.

I'll repeat my offer: if you are convinced he is a solid bullpen arm: let's make a friendly bet, just for fun.

I don't have an opinion. He's had good days and bad ones. I'll just watch the games without making proclamations, for now.

That's a sorry definition of "love fest." You're just trolling over nothing and clearly people aren't falling for your inane bait.

Who are you trying to make a bet with? I don't think there are any Josh Stinson fanatics on the board, just fans willing to give him a chance. I don't understand this thread.

NO, NOT RIGHT. Stinson pitched in 11 games for the O's last season: once in April, twice in August vs. a hard-hitting Rockies team, and 8 times in September. Who were his opponents in September?

7 of the 8 times they were teams fighting for first place or a Wild Card berth; in calendar order, they were the Indians (2x), Yankees (2x), Rays (2x), and Boston (once). In those 8 September games, he allowed only 1 earned run in 9 innings, K'd 8, and gave up just 1 walk and zero home runs. Seems to me that Buck correctly saw that Stinson could deal with more than AAA/AAAA offenses.

That's a sorry definition of "love fest." You're just trolling over nothing and clearly people aren't falling for your inane bait.

Yes..I am a troll for posting my opinion:) I disagree with your opinion so perhaps I should call you names too? Does that seem appropriate?

NO, NOT RIGHT. Stinson pitched in 11 games for the O's last season: once in April, twice in August vs. a hard-hitting Rockies team, and 8 times in September. Who were his opponents in September?

7 of the 8 times they were teams fighting for first place or a Wild Card berth; in calendar order, they were the Indians (2x), Yankees (2x), Rays (2x), and Boston (once). In those 8 September games, he allowed only 1 earned run in 9 innings, K'd 8, and gave up just 1 walk and zero home runs. Seems to me that Buck correctly saw that Stinson could deal with more than AAA/AAAA offenses.

Oh, sure bring evidence into the picture clearing things up. BABIP is over there lurking in the corner though. ;)

Yes..I am a troll for posting my opinion:) I disagree with your opinion so perhaps I should call you names too? Does that seem appropriate?

At least my conclusions, unlike your hunches (to put it graciously), are based on statistics and clearly, coherently presented. Interesting that you chose not to respond to that, but thought it wiser to accuse me of calling you names, which I didn't. Verbs aren't nouns.

Archived