Where would the M's prospects rank...

Greg Pappas

Where would you rank Tillman, Clement, Triunfel, Butler and Chen, if they were in the Orioles system? Use the OH Top 30 as a reference.

1. Matt Wieters - C

2. Billy Rowell - 3B

3. Chorye Spoone - RHP

4. Nolan Reimold - OF

5. Brandon Erbe - RHP

6. Radhames Liz - RHP

7. Brandon Snyder - 1B/3B

8. Garrett Olson - LHP

9. Pedro Beato - RHP

10. Zach Britton - LHP

11. Tyler Henson - SS

12. Jake Arrieta - RHP

13. David Hernandez - RHP

14. Tim Bascom - RHP

15. Scott Moore - 3B

16. Matt Angle - CF

17. James Hoey - RHP

18. Brad Bergesen - RHP

19. Bob McCrory - RHP

20. Chris Vinyard - 1B

21. Joe Mahoney - 1B

22. Brandon Tripp - OF

23. Jason Berken - RHP

24. Brett Bordes - LHP

25. Tyler Kolodny - 3B

26. Fredy Deza - RHP

27. Luis Hernandez - SS

28. Luis Lebron - RHP

29. Blake Davis - SS

30. Miguel Abreau - 2B

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where would you rank Tillman, Clement, Triunfel, Butler and Chen, if they were in the Orioles system? Use the OH Top 30 as a reference.

1. Matt Wieters - C

Carlos Triunfel

Jeff Clement

2. Billy Rowell - 3B

Chris Tillman

3. Chorye Spoone - RHP

4. Nolan Reimold - OF

5. Brandon Erbe - RHP

6. Radhames Liz - RHP

8. Garrett Olson - LHP

Tony Butler

9. Pedro Beato - RHP

10. Zach Britton - LHP

11. Tyler Henson - SS

12. Jake Arrieta - RHP

14. Tim Bascom - RHP

Yung Chi Chen

15. Scott Moore - 3B

16. Matt Angle - CF

17. James Hoey - RHP

18. Brad Bergesen - RHP

19. Bob McCrory - RHP

20. Chris Vinyard - 1B

21. Joe Mahoney - 1B

22. Brandon Tripp - OF

23. Jason Berken - RHP

24. Brett Bordes - LHP

25. Tyler Kolodny - 3B

26. Fredy Deza - RHP

27. Luis Hernandez - SS

28. Luis Lebron - RHP

29. Blake Davis - SS

30. Miguel Abreau - 2B

That's where I would put them.

1. Matt Wieters - C

-Triunfel

-Clement

2. Billy Rowell - 3B

3. Chorye Spoone - RHP

-Tillman

4. Nolan Reimold - OF

5. Brandon Erbe - RHP

-Butler

6. Radhames Liz - RHP

8. Garrett Olson - LHP

9. Pedro Beato - RHP

10. Zach Britton - LHP

11. Tyler Henson - SS

12. Jake Arrieta - RHP

14. Tim Bascom - RHP

15. Scott Moore - 3B

-Chen

16. Matt Angle - CF

17. James Hoey - RHP

18. Brad Bergesen - RHP

19. Bob McCrory - RHP

20. Chris Vinyard - 1B

21. Joe Mahoney - 1B

22. Brandon Tripp - OF

23. Jason Berken - RHP

24. Brett Bordes - LHP

25. Tyler Kolodny - 3B

26. Fredy Deza - RHP

27. Luis Hernandez - SS

28. Luis Lebron - RHP

29. Blake Davis - SS

30. Miguel Abreau - 2B

Complete shot in the dark, but based on everything I've read, this seems about right. I know some will make Triunfel #1, but I need to see more of the kid.

Triunfel, Clement and Tillman are in top 5...Triunfel #2, Clement #4, Tillman #5. Would put Butler somewhere in the 6-10 range.

Chen in the 12-18 range.

It'd be difficult for me to rank Triunfel above Rowell (or vice versa), but I agree that they're both ranked higher than Clement.

It'd be difficult for me to rank Triunfel above Rowell (or vice versa), but I agree that they're both ranked higher than Clement.

It is difficult to place them, but it is safe to say that Jones would become our #1 outfield prospect, Triunfel would bring something that I do not currently see in our organization a top notch middle infield prospect, Clement would bring another top prospect to a position that screams for duplication and Tillman would add another young power arm to the organization. They all fill an area of need.

1. Matt Wieters C

2. Jeff Clement C

3. Carlos Triunfel SS

4. Troy Patton, LHP

5. Chris Tillman RHP

6. Radhames Liz RHP

7. Bill Rowell 1b

8. Tony Butler LHP

9. Nolan Reimold OF

10. Jake Arrieta RHP

11. Chorye Spoone RHP

12. Brandon Erbe RHP

13. Jim Hoey RHP

14. Brandon Snyder 1B

15. Pedro Beato RHP

16. Garrett Olson LHP

17. Tim Bascom RHP

18. Yung Chi Chen 2b

19. Mike Costanzo 3B

20. David Hernandez RHP

1. Matt Wieters C

2. Jeff Clement C

3. Carlos Triunfel SS

4. Troy Patton, LHP

5. Chris Tillman RHP

6. Radhames Liz RHP

7. Bill Rowell 1b

8. Tony Butler LHP

9. Nolan Reimold OF

10. Jake Arrieta RHP

11. Chorye Spoone RHP

12. Brandon Erbe RHP

13. Jim Hoey RHP

14. Brandon Snyder 1B

15. Pedro Beato RHP

16. Garrett Olson LHP

17. Tim Bascom RHP

18. Yung Chi Chen 2b

19. Mike Costanzo 3B

20. David Hernandez RHP

This is the first list that has the players aquired for Tejada in it, good job. I think these guys need to be listed.

Agreed. The only problem I have with the list is that I think Rowell should be rated in the Top 5.

I tell you it is so tough doing these...do you value production more than tools? - one position over another? sps over relievers regardless of stuff?- what is the effect of injuries? - How much do you weigh age? experience? Are you allowing hype to color the facts?

Anyway, I can see Rowell higher. In all honesty, in reflection, I think I put him where I did based on injury/slow start and the fact he's a corner IF as opposed to sps and a ss. Putting that talented top ten together was a problem I didn't mind dealing with though.;)

I tell you it is so tough doing these...do you value production more than tools? - one position over another? sps over relievers regardless of stuff?- what is the effect of injuries? - How much do you weigh age? experience? Are you allowing hype to color the facts?

Anyway, I can see Rowell higher. In all honesty, in reflection, I think I put him where I did based on injury/slow start and the fact he's a corner IF as opposed to sps and a ss. Putting that talented top ten together was a problem I didn't mind dealing with though.;)

Haha. Very true.

If everything works out with the Mariners and Cubs/Indians, I'll be pretty happy with the state of our farm. Add another early first round draft pick this year (banking on Alvarez or Smoak) and undeniably the year after as well, and I'd say we're preparing ourselves for "something special."

Wow... I just had a Billy Beane moment. :D

1. Matt Wieters C

2. Jeff Clement C

3. Carlos Triunfel SS

4. Troy Patton, LHP

5. Chris Tillman RHP

6. Radhames Liz RHP

7. Bill Rowell 1b

8. Tony Butler LHP

9. Nolan Reimold OF

10. Jake Arrieta RHP

11. Chorye Spoone RHP

12. Brandon Erbe RHP

13. Jim Hoey RHP

14. Brandon Snyder 1B

15. Pedro Beato RHP

16. Garrett Olson LHP

17. Tim Bascom RHP

18. Yung Chi Chen 2b

19. Mike Costanzo 3B

20. David Hernandez RHP

Rowell is the second best prospect in the Orioles' system today, not Rhadames. Liz is far too old to be considered in the top 3 IMO. He's essentially Daniel Cabrera from 3 years ago without any major league experience. Is that better then a 19 year old power hitter who has performed very well in the low minors?

My Top 5 would be:

1) Wieters - Best catching prospect in baseball. Joe Mauer comparisons.

2) Clement - Second best catching prospect in baseball. MLB ready so he gets an edge.

3) Truinfel - His upside is phenominal and has performed well. Coming from Latin America, I will always be afraid of whether or not he's the age they claim, but still would be at the top of the list.

4) Rowell - The kid hasn't done anything except produce. Some question his plate discipline and ability to hit lefties, but at 19 years old playing against the competition he has, I'm hard pressed to find a reason to drop him lower then this.

5) Patton - At 21, he has MLB experience and has shown very well at all levels of the minors. Dare I worry though did we get Houston's Hayden Penn? Lots of talent but the drop on MPH on his stuff last year scares me.

Archived