Roch's Take

obannon35

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's get this trade done already.

Here, here! I don't want this to drag out 'til the middle of next week, let alone the rest of the weekend. As far as I know, there's only been one trade this offseason (i.e., the Haren deal) that dragged out for awhile but still went through.

For the love of God, let's get this done this evening.

Can I drive the back of your firetruck like Kramer did in Seinfeld? Now that would be cool...driving Delduck's firetruck to Spring Training in Delaware! :D

Sure thing but you better hold on tight, the big red truck go really fast;)

Here, here! I don't want this to drag out 'til the middle of next week, let alone the rest of the weekend. As far as I know, there's only been one trade this offseason (i.e., the Haren deal) that dragged out for awhile but still went through.

For the love of God, let's get this done this evening.

So, MacPhail should just take whatever Bavasi offers? I think not... unless MacPhail gets what he thinks will help the ballclub, than Bedard stays.

So, it looks like Jones, Sherrill, and Tillman are etched in stone, IF a deal goes down. If we're only getting four players, I hope we do a little better than Chen.

Here is one mans vote that the trade ends up Jones, Sherrill, Tillman and Tui. I would be very happy with that return and consider that a reasonable return. But it is not a return that I would burn up almost the entire offseason to make. It is Hardly a Kemp, Kershaw, LaRoche, Hu and Broxton return. LOL.

Here is one mans vote that the trade ends up Jones, Sherrill, Tillman and Tui. I would be very happy with that return and consider that a reasonable return. But it is not a return that I would burn up almost the entire offseason to make. It is Hardly a Kemp, Kershaw, LaRoche, Hu and Broxton return. LOL.

That is unreasonable to expect. That deal would have NEVER had happened.

I would rather have Clement in the deal, but I think you will see Chen added to the deal and then that makes it a very respectable deal for MacPhail.

I posted in another thread that Jeff Zrebiec from the Sun said on Peter Schmuck's radio show today that he "predicts" Bedard will be a Mariner by the middle of next week. I find it very interesting that both Sun reporters are of the same mind in this. To their credit, they have been very fair in their coverage of the O's since AM took over. Roch has seemed to have access to AM pretty regularly during all the wild speculation over the past two months. My gut tells me AM appreciates that and is keeping them in the loop with info provided they don't break it prematurely. Seems to me the Jones/Tillman/Sherrill part is a foregone conclusion and Bavasi and AM are just trying iron out the last piece. Maybe they are negotiating over adding one upper level prospect (Balentien/Morrow/Clement/Triunfel) or two lesser prospects (Butler/Chen/Tui). Just my opinion.

I posted in another thread that Jeff Zrebiec from the Sun said on Peter Schmuck's radio show today that he "predicts" Bedard will be a Mariner by the middle of next week. I find it very interesting that both Sun reporters are of the same mind in this. To their credit, they have been very fair in their coverage of the O's since AM took over. Roch has seemed to have access to AM pretty regularly during all the wild speculation over the past two months. My gut tells me AM appreciates that and is keeping them in the loop with info provided they don't break it prematurely. Seems to me the Jones/Tillman/Sherrill part is a foregone conclusion and Bavasi and AM are just trying iron out the last piece. Maybe they are negotiating over adding one upper level prospect (Balentien/Morrow/Clement/Triunfel) or two lesser prospects (Butler/Chen/Tui). Just my opinion.

Balentien doesn't appear to be held in very high regard by the M's (much like LaRoche with the Dodgers and Murton with the Cubs), so I'm wondering if we could snag him as a 4th player.

That is unreasonable to expect. That deal would have NEVER had happened.

I would rather have Clement in the deal, but I think you will see Chen added to the deal and then that makes it a very respectable deal for MacPhail.

Did you notice the "LOL" at the end of my thread? Of course it was unreasonable to expect that kind of return. That was the jist of my post. Here on the OH we have had unreasonable demands from the get go, ranging from extremely laughable all the way to just a hair too much.

I would way rather get back Tuiasosopo than Chen. If you are suggesting Jones, Sherrill, Tillman, Tui and Chen then OK, but I think that is "a Hair too much". Maybe the M's do that deal, but I think we're getting back 4 and I am pretty sure Jones, Tillman and Sherrill will be three of them.

Did you notice the "LOL" at the end of my thread? Of course it was unreasonable to expect that kind of return. That was the jist of my post. Here on the OH we have had unreasonable demands from the get go, ranging from extremely laughable all the way to just a hair too much.

I would way rather get back Tuiasosopo than Chen. If you are suggesting Jones, Sherrill, Tillman, Tui and Chen then OK, but I think that is "a Hair too much". Maybe the M's do that deal, but I think we're getting back 4 and I am pretty sure Jones, Tillman and Sherrill will be three of them.

Yeah, I missed the LOL. I am not sure the five is a hair too much, but if it is, I wouldn't mind giving them a Jay Payton + cash back if it meant adding Chen to the deal.

Yeah, I missed the LOL. I am not sure the five is a hair too much, but if it is, I wouldn't mind giving them a Jay Payton + cash back if it meant adding Chen to the deal.

Yes...if we can somehow get Payton out of here, I would be all for it.

I think he'd be a nice guy to have on a contending team. He still hits lefties pretty well, and is good in the outfield. We certainly don't need him here.

Archived