Roch's Take

obannon35

Then you sign a 29 year old journeyman if you need to have the LH and won't give it to Olson (I think Patton is in the rotation as well). Why, oh why, use up a slot in a trade that could be filled with Butler or Chen instead? Sherrill threw a whopping 46 innings last year. That's the impact we're looking for?

You take Sherrill becuase that's what the team is offering you. He;s a quality bullpen arm and with the young projected starting rotation we need as many of those guys in the pen as we can get. Last years pen was baseballs worst mostly due to using kiks who were not ready or talented enough as journeymen.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me clarify, I think it's too late to get someone else. He's not a pile of dog crap...I just would have preferred another ML ready guy. SEA probably has him valued lower than a top prospect but higher than the non-roster guys.

I'll take him ,but if we were starting from scratch I would have preferred young talent.

Seattle is feeling they are giving up their best young position player and top rated pitching prospect in the deal. That's kind of like us giving up Loewen and Rowell + more talent for a #1 starter. Not sure I would do that if we were good.

You take Sherrill becuase that's what the team is offering you. He;s a quality bullpen arm and with the young projected starting rotation we need as many of those guys in the pen as we can get. Last years pen was baseballs worst mostly due to using kiks who were not ready or talented enough as journeymen.

I just don't agree. I don't think you take a player simply because that's the one the other team wants to give up. BAL has to be requesting him -- SEA wouldn't give him away (if they are in "win now" mode) just to hold onto a AA guy.

DeJesus/Chen/Martinez/Butler should all be available before Sherrill, if you are SEA. BAL has to be requesting him. I think it's the wrong player to request unless you're shipping him or walker right back out.

Seattle is feeling they are giving up their best young position player and top rated pitching prospect in the deal. That's kind of like us giving up Loewen and Rowell + more talent for a #1 starter. Not sure I would do that if we were good.

I'd compare it more to Wieters and Erbe/Spoone

So it looks like this isn't going to happen today. Hopefully something will get done tomorrow because Churchill basically said that if it doesn't get done tomorrow, it isn't getting done...

Yeah...I'll believe all of this when I see it, too!

We really need to get this done. I'm happy with a Jones, Tillman, Sherril, plus one more deal. I would have preferred Triunfel, but it doesn't appear that he's able to be had.

I agree. I have said many times that even though we are going to be a bad team, it is important for the development of a young rotation to have a solid bp to protect the leads they leave the game with after a good outing. Otherwise, it breads a losing culture. Not to mention, Sherrill is a guy we will have under control for a few years and is much younger and less expensive than Walker.

I just don't agree. I don't think you take a player simply because that's the one the other team wants to give up. BAL has to be requesting him -- SEA wouldn't give him away (if they are in "win now" mode) just to hold onto a AA guy.

DeJesus/Chen/Martinez/Butler should all be available before Sherrill, if you are SEA. BAL has to be requesting him. I think it's the wrong player to request unless you're shipping him or walker right back out.

Our bullpen has nothing for sure except Bradford and Walker, 5 unproven slots. You just can't enter the season with that and repeat the 2007 disaster.

Interesting how people here trust that AM can rebuild the team yeat question the manner in which he proposes to do it.

Yeah...I'll believe all of this when I see it, too!

We really need to get this done. I'm happy with a Jones, Tillman, Sherril, plus one more deal. I would have preferred Triunfel, but it doesn't appear that he's able to be had.

I'm starting to think the word "soon" needs to be one of those naughty words that gets *'d out... :P

Our bullpen has nothing for sure except Bradford and Walker, 5 unproven slots. You just can't enter the season with that and repeat the 2007 disaster.

Interesting how people here trust that AM can rebuild the team yeat question the manner in which he proposes to do it.

Do you think Walker stays or is moved in a another deal as speculated all along?

Guest oriofan8

Impatient ? Yes I am.

Ok...that's outta the way.

Anybody's guess as to WHEN this Bedard trade might actually happen??

Impatient...remember.

Archived