Kevin Gausman Today, 2014.

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not ready. Send him down.

Not an overreaction either. He's throwing nothing but fastballs. This is the same problem as last year. Deep counts.

Six up and six down, then two infield hits in the third. Not ready to slam the book on him. 33 pitches through 2, not particularly high pitch count.

Six up and six down, then two infield hits in the third. Not ready to slam the book on him. 33 pitches through 2, not particularly high pitch count.

56 pitches through 3 is a high pitch count. The infield hits were hit right up the middle. A lot of foul balls. These were the same problems last year. He isn't showing the ability to throw his secondary pitches for strikes...and he's just not throwing them.

56 pitches through 3 is a high pitch count. The infield hits were hit right up the middle. A lot of foul balls. These were the same problems last year. He isn't showing the ability to throw his secondary pitches for strikes...and he's just not throwing them.

I am shocked. You mean his several starts with a 70 pitch count didn't help turn the corner:)?

One was up the middle the other was a nubber in front of Machado. 56 is high, but hardly prohibitively so. League average is 16.4 per inning, one quick inning and he is right there.

Nubber in front of Machado? It was a screamer up the middle that hit Gausman's foot and ricocheted off towards Machado. Otherwise it's up the middle into the OF.

I am at the game and looking elsewhere when the ball was hit and just saw where it ended up. Assumed a nubber. My mistake.

Orioles handling of Gausman has been pitiful. He's on 3 days rest. He's coming off sickness. He's on a pitch count. He's only throwing fastballs. There is no control.

Why the hell was Gonzo ousted for Gausman? This is just dumb. Shame on Buck/Duquette.

Call me reactionary, but he's not ready. Over 20 pitchers per inning and not even through the fourth, a wild pitch, and the bottom of the lineup 4 for 5 with a walk and two runs off him. The odds of them winning were already tough with Verlander going, but Gausman simply was not a good choice regardless of the other circumstances.

Orioles handling of Gausman has been pitiful. He's on 3 days rest. He's coming off sickness. He's on a pitch count. He's only throwing fastballs. There is no control.

Why the hell was Gonzo ousted for Gausman? This is just dumb. Shame on Buck/Duquette.

How anybody, and you all know who you are, could have said he was ready is beyond me. I like Gausman, I believe in him, and believe he'll be a major league pitcher. But that time is not right now, at all.

How anybody, and you all know who you are, could have said he was ready is beyond me. I like Gausman, I believe in him, and believe he'll be a major league pitcher. But that time is not right now, at all.

Agreed. This organization is screwing Kevin Gausman. He was rushed last year, shoved into the bullpen, rushed on 3 days rest this year, put on a pitch count...abysmal management.

Most hittable 97mph fastball this side of Tommy Hunter. They were pulling his fast ball foul. No movement, no deception in his delivery, and no secondary pitches.

He needs a full year in the minors to develop secondary pitches and arm strength/stamina.

What the Orioles did to him last year and now again this year is ridiculous.

They sure can write to book on how to ruin highly drafted pitching prospects.

No pitching prospect should ever sign with the Baltimore Orioles. Bundy should have been with Texas winning National Championships until someone else drafted him.

I dunno guys... he's definitely "not ready" but I wonder if he ever really will be "ready". We've seen this song and dance over and over again.

A 3.52 ERA in 23 innings as a reliever indicates he can be an asset in some capacity, but we didn't draft him in the top 5 just to be a reliever. He should be more than that until he proves otherwise.

Now maybe I can stop hearing you guys whining about our current starters and your constant demands that they be replaced by Gausman. I have seen nothing from Gausman that makes me think he is a quality major league pitcher. He should have spent the whole season down in triple A and when he starts throwing 8 innings consistently while having a low ERA than let me know. Norfolk is a pitchers park. If he can't go deep there and dominate he has no business being in the majors. And that goes for Bundy too. He has no place in the majors this season.

I have no idea why he started. We have Steve Johnson and TJ Mcfarland who could start. Better choices. I don't understand the love of unprovent talent on here. You guys probably want Harvey to start on Friday.

Archived