I've seen enough defensive goofs from Schoop

FanSince88

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are going nuts over the 3B position. I understand that's where the errors are occurring, but the left side of the infield always has the most errors. No matter how great the defender is. Outfielders in particular can be horrible without committing errors.

The LF spot is more of a problem defensively than 3B is right now and actually it's a way bigger problem. Because Young and Cruz move like grandpas out there. Pop flies literally just fall in.

Schoop is fine. He's a 2nd baseman not a 3rd. It's on Buck he keeps putting Schoop at 3rd. It's just another game the backups cost us. Get Well Manny and Hardy.

Well, I read somewhere Adam Jones was giving him batting lessons. Probably why he doesn't have any walks!

I'm beginning to wonder if our hitting instructors are incapable of teaching players how to draw walks.

I kid, I kid. Davis is walking. Cruz is walking. Wieters is... kind of walking.

Wow that was unreal. I just looked at the replay again. It's like he was flinching to get out of the way. What the hell was he thinking? It was like he was surprised that Lough threw the ball. Looks like Wieters was thinking the same thing at the end.

Wow that was unreal. I just looked at the replay again. It's like he was flinching to get out of the way. What the hell was he thinking? It was like he was surprised that Lough threw the ball. Looks like Wieters was thinking the same thing at the end.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jonathan Schoop is not a 3B. Doesn't know that read well. Tough one to lose.</p>— CJ Nitkowski (@CJNitkowski) <a href="

">April 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Machado would have cut that ball.</p>— CJ Nitkowski (@CJNitkowski) <a href="

Yep, awful. I still can't believe it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Schoop says he should have cut off throw. Went to cover 3rd</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Ehh, Schoop's reaction wasn't good but that was a ridiculously bad throw by Lough there.

Why would he cut it off? Lough was throwing as if he was making a play on someone. Even if it's off line you let it go through -- cutting off a play at the plate means a loss if the runner is tagging.

Archived