If you could abolish one player/thing from the Red Sox...

Mr Snuffleupagus

What about the Red Sox do you despise the most  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What about the Red Sox do you despise the most

• David Ortiz
    • Dustin Pedroia
    • Pink Hats
    • Beards
    • Other

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Things I dislike about the Red Sox (no particular order):

1) Sweet Caroline (I could never in my wildest dream image myself singing this song for the 7th inning stretch - although I never quite understood Thank God I'm A Country Boy either)

2) Having to listen to Jerry Remy on NESN (although he does praise the other teams players)

3) The beards (didn't realize there were so many Amish in the Boston area) - I wonder if they ever find any dead spiders in there?

4) Ortiz - his three year offseason whine fest about how he is getting disrespected with only being offered a 1-year contract

(needs to go to the Latrell Spreewell school of real life)

2) Having to listen to Jerry Remy on NESN (although he does praise the other teams players)

I know this is a thread for dumping on the Red Sox and this will be my second semi-positive comment about them so please forgive me but... am I the only one who actually likes Remy? I never listened to the NESN announcers until I started using MLB.tv and I think he's actually pretty funny and interesting to listen to. Believe it or not, I also kind of like Michael Kay. I don't know who I am anymore!

Let the fans be obnoxious, doesnt bother me.

Ortiz scares me the most as a player, I always feel like he comes up with 2 men on base with the Sux down 3.

I hate Pedroia the Red Sox player, but love watching him do what he does, as a baseball fan I can't hate him other than the name on his jersey.

I know this is a thread for dumping on the Red Sox and this will be my second semi-positive comment about them so please forgive me but ... am I the only one who actually likes Remy? I never listened to the NESN announcers until I started using MLB.tv, and I think he's actually pretty funny and interesting to listen to. Believe it or not, I also kind of like Michael Kay. I don't know who I am anymore!

I've been listening to Remy a lot over the last 2 years, and he has been about as objective about the Red Sox and what is happening on the field as Palmer is objective about the Orioles, and what is happening on the field.

In other words, Remy has been very objective (and often makes a lot of good points, such as the one that I commented on in the game thread regarding Clevenger's tag-up in the top of the 8th inning today.)

Remy made a good point on Clevenger's tag-up.

Bradley, Jr. glided back there confidently, like he had that one all the way.

That actually helped Clevenger make the decision to tag up.

If Bradley had looked flustered and/or unsure of himself out there, Clevenger may have gone half way instead of tagging up.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/140556-vs-RED-SOX-4-21?p=3440919#post3440919

Regarding Michael Kay ...... you're on your own on that one.

Regarding Michael Kay ...... you're on your own on that one.

I will say, I like Remy much more than Kay and I agree with you about him vs. Palmer. Whenever I tune into an O's-Yankee game it seems like Kay has nothing but nice things to say about the O's. I don't watch YES too often, though.

Neither of them are as bad as the Nats announcers, who only exist to puff up the Nats and crap all over the opponent without any regard for facts.

I will say, I like Remy much more than Kay and I agree with you about him vs. Palmer. Whenever I tune into an O's-Yankee game it seems like Kay has nothing but nice things to say about the O's. I don't watch YES too often, though.

Neither of them are as bad as the Nats announcers, who only exist to puff up the Nats and crap all over the opponent.

I'd rather listen to Kay then Sterling.

I'd rather listen to Kay then Sterling.

Sterling is among the worst in the bigs. Theeeeeeeeeee Yankeeeeeeees Winnnnnnnnn. Yeah no thanks. Haven't really listened to enough of Remy outside the highlights that you see on ESPN or MLB Network. My least

favorite of ones I've seen a lot of are the Nats guys. As Austin said, they seem to only exist to puff up the Nats and crap over the opposition. The good broadcasters will get excited for good play all around.

Sterling is among the worst in the bigs. Theeeeeeeeeee Yankeeeeeeees Winnnnnnnnn. Yeah no thanks. Haven't really listened to enough of Remy outside the highlights that you see on ESPN or MLB Network. My least

favorite of ones I've seen a lot of are the Nats guys. As Austin said, they seem to only exist to puff up the Nats and crap over the opposition. The good broadcasters will get excited for good play all around.

I would rather listen to Sterling then Ken Harrelson.

Archived