If you could abolish one player/thing from the Red Sox...

Mr Snuffleupagus

What about the Red Sox do you despise the most  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What about the Red Sox do you despise the most

• David Ortiz
    • Dustin Pedroia
    • Pink Hats
    • Beards
    • Other

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worst fanbase in all of sports by a country mile, even worse than Dallas cowgirl fans.

At least the Yankees fans have 26 world championships to gloat about, the Red Sox were a joke of a franchise for nearly a hundred years and now their fans act like they are gods gift to baseball.

No franchise in the entire country, in any sport, has more annoying, bandwagon fans.

This.

"Red Sux Nation" is a very recent invention, but Sux fans act like it's this movement that has existed forever. Nobody gave a rats a$$ about the Sux nationally from the early 80s up until the mid 00s (save perhaps for the Buckner WS). Same with Red Sux- Yankees rivalry. It's built up like this mythical thing. Sure, there is a lot of history there. But growing up in the 80s and 90s, NO ONE cared when the Sux and MFY played. It's only in the mid 00s when ESPN and FOX and others went crazy about it.

I feel like Boston has created this revisionist history of the Sux where Fenway has been sold out every single game since 1912 and every resident of New England has hung on every pitch for the last century. It's just not true.

I said Pedroia...actually I wish he was an Oriole!

He's a Lil' leprechaun, he could only play for the Red Sox. I'm suprised he didn't go to Notre Dame, he could've been on the baseball team and the best damn natural mascot Notre Dame ever had.

The sense of entitlement that the players and fans have. Any time a strike is called the hitter looks disgusted and often times glares at the umpire. Ortiz is the worst at this. Unfortunately, the umpires often times reward them by giving them a noticeably smaller strike zone. The Yankees are the same way. I don't have a problem with Pedroia other than the special strike zone that he gets. I wish the Orioles had players who knew how to have a good at bat the way that he does.

side note - Ortiz represents a lot of what is wrong with baseball. Even after taking steroids he is too nonathletic and overweight to play the field and he routinely whines. Yet for some reason he is excused. He is a notch below John Calipari on the scumbag list).

The pick hats and beards go together in my mind ("oh its so cool they all have beards, what a cool idea!") and are incredibly annoying, but you know they would disappear the minute the team stopped winning - didn't see too many pink hats at Camden in 2012). Ortiz is the worst for me - only player in baseball I truly dislike. Clearly 'roided up, no respect for the game whatsoever, huge jerk, just embodies everything bad about baseball.

Archived