Jones not in lineup for Cardenales again...

JTrea81

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But regardless, Jones represents the Seattle Mariners no matter where he's playing right now. If the Mariners see how much he's been playing and want him to rest then that's what they'll have that team do... Not worth reading into just yet. I could be wrong and I hope I am wrong.

I just don't see the Mariners having him sit now, when he had time to sit during their season. He's an integral part of the team playing in Venezuela- at this point in the season they Seattle wouldn't have him sit. I'm cautiously optimistic (re. extremely excited) that a deal is going down in the next 24-48 hours. Of course, the whole "48 hours" thing has been going on the past three weeks lol.

I just don't see the Mariners having him sit now, when he had time to sit during their season. He's an integral part of the team playing in Venezuela- at this point in the season they Seattle wouldn't have him sit. I'm cautiously optimistic (re. extremely excited) that a deal is going down in the next 24-48 hours. Of course, the whole "48 hours" thing has been going on the past three weeks lol.

Keep the faith. Tomorrow is the day. I have absolutely 0 inside sources. Just a hunch. Go Terps!

Is Peace, Sonny or BB commenting on this? I haven't seen anything said on our end.

Nothing directly. Remember after what has happend this offseason I don't think they will stick their necks out unless the deal is 150% done.

It is the league championship series. I would not think he is taking a rest. At 22 years old, I would hope he is not tired.

No but he is property of the Mariners and it could be something as simple as him playing 20+ consecutive games. The Mariners would want them to sit him for a game or two cause spring training is right around the corner and they can't have him burnt out before that time rolls around. Just my opinion of course.

It's just too much of a coincidence that this guy says that he is bought plane tickets, then out of the blue he misses the most important game for the Venezualan team this year.

With that being said, let's not lose our heads here.

Just got back from BWI. No signs of Oriole convoy.

And maybe they pulled him out because they're resting him before his flight tomorrow, or they don't want him to get injured, which would make him fail the physical, which would nix the trade.

No but he is property of the Mariners and it could be something as simple as him playing 20+ consecutive games. The Mariners would want them to sit him for a game or two cause spring training is right around the corner and they can't have him burnt out before that time rolls around. Just my opinion of course.

Not sure how long ago but didn't he just take a whole weekend off recently?

It's just too much of a coincidence that this guy says that he is bought plane tickets, then out of the blue he misses the most important game for the Venezualan team this year.

With that being said, let's not lose our heads here.

Yeah but it was a real coincidence that Jones had been pulled out of winter ball a few weeks back at the same time our trade talks had "heated back up".

I just wouldn't read into it quite yet...

Archived