Jones not in lineup for Cardenales again...

JTrea81

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knowing how AM as operated over the years, he surely did not like to read Bedards comments in the paper over the weekend and that definitely pushed him a little bit to complete a deal. He does not want to risk anything Bedard may say or do that may lower the amount he can get back in trade, because teams will feel that we HAVE to deal a disgruntled Bedard.

He is a very methodical and intelligent GM. We are lucky to have him.

In the end, everything will work out well for the O's...

But regardless, Jones represents the Seattle Mariners no matter where he's playing right now. If the Mariners see how much he's been playing and want him to rest then that's what they'll have that team do... Not worth reading into just yet. I could be wrong and I hope I am wrong.

I just don't see the Mariners having him sit now, when he had time to sit during their season. He's an integral part of the team playing in Venezuela- at this point in the season they Seattle wouldn't have him sit. I'm cautiously optimistic (re. extremely excited) that a deal is going down in the next 24-48 hours. Of course, the whole "48 hours" thing has been going on the past three weeks lol.

This is what it says. Nothing we already don't know

Orioles left-hander Erik Bedard is resigned to being traded this season, The Baltimore Sun reports.

"If they don't want me, [a trade] is the best thing to do," Bedard said in a phone interview with The Sun. "Obviously, they don't want to keep me because there are a lot more talks [about] trading me than signing me."

The newspaper speculates Bedard could be traded next week.

The Mariners reportedly are offering a package that includes 22-year-old outfielder Adam Jones.

This is just quoting the Sun article about Bedard expecting to be traded.

On a side note didn't Bavasi say that he thought a trade was going down a couple of times over the past few weeks? I think that could coincide with Jones being pulled the first time. Hopefully this is good news.

I am watching the game on espn deportes and i can confirm that Jones isn't in the lineup but i heard the commentators say some interesting things.

1) Jones has been completely taken off the roster by cardenales.

2) Jones leaving the team was a huge surprise.

3) It wasn't Jones decision to leave.

With the earlier rumors today and these developments i think you guys will finally trade Bedard soon. Again this isn't just a taking a day off thing and that doesn't make sense in the 4th game of the championship series anyway. Jones isn't in venezuela right now from what i heard and his team has taken him off the roster.

I think the bigger question is if he is actually on the bench watching the game or whether he is even at the game altogether.

Anyone have this info?

Let me just turn on the locator for the homing beacon I inserted into Adam Jones' wrist. Give me a second or two.

I am watching the game on espn deportes and i can confirm that Jones isn't in the lineup but i heard the commentators say some interesting things.

With the earlier rumors today and these developments i think you guys will finally trade Bedard soon. Again this isn't just a taking a day off thing and that doesn't make sense in the 4th game of the championship series anyway. Jones isn't in venezuela right now from what i heard and his team has taken him off the roster.

Hey, I need a baseball fix bad, and I have Direct TV. Can you tell me what the channel is? Thanks

Thanks for the information ... Are they speculating he has been traded???

Let me just turn on the locator for the homing beacon I inserted into Adam Jones' wrist. Give me a second or two.

Humorous, but I was more looking for something like what JimboHendry posted.

And judging from that, sounds pretty good. But it all depends who is coming back with him...

Archived