Tejada sez no Caribbean Series unless he plays SS

Boy Howdy

Miguel Tejada DH'd for his Aguilas Cibaenas club in helping them triumph in the Dominican League playoffs.

Now he says he's only inclined to play for them in the Caribbean Series next week if he gets to play shortstop. (Tony Pena, Jr. & Hector Luna have been manning the position).

The article's in Spanish, but here's a link:

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story?id=641309&s=sdc&type=story

Thats my Tejada who soooo many on this site defended till the flies were abandoning the carcass. The guy is ME,ME,ME.

I wouldnt doubt he would refuse to play any other position than SS even at a pick up game at a friends house. "Im going home unless YOU ALL let me play SS. I wont be you friend anymore!"

I'm still a Miggi fan & supporter.

This situation isn't totally different from the great Cal Ripken's reluctance to move off shortstop until somebody he deemed a worthy successor was acquired.

Miggi has been the Aguilas shortstop throughout the vast majority of a stretch in which they captured 9 Dominican League titles in the last 13 years. While most of his established major league peers beg off playing in the Caribbean Series, or make token appearances, Tejada has been a leader and a rock for the DR club. He also manned the position for his country in the WBC.

Over 100 Dominicans have played shortstop in the majors, and Tejada is a couple seasons away from logging more games at the position than any of them. He's been a great player and a great representative of his nation for a long time, regardless of the messes he's now embroiled in. I hope he gets his wish and leads the DR to another Caribbean title. And I hope he has a great year in Houston too.

I'm still a Miggi fan & supporter.

This situation isn't totally different from the great Cal Ripken's reluctance to move off shortstop until somebody he deemed a worthy successor was acquired.

Miggi has been the Aguilas shortstop throughout the vast majority of a stretch in which they captured 9 Dominican League titles in the last 13 years. While most of his established major league peers beg off playing in the Caribbean Series, or make token appearances, Tejada has been a leader and a rock for the DR club. He also manned the position for his country in the WBC.

Over 100 Dominicans have played shortstop in the majors, and Tejada is a couple seasons away from logging more games at the position than any of them. He's been a great player and a great representative of his nation for a long time, regardless of the messes he's now embroiled in. I hope he gets his wish and leads the DR to another Caribbean title. And I hope he has a great year in Houston too.

I agree with every bit of this.

Tejada has agreed to DH in the Caribbean Series, and praised the defensive work of Tony Pena, Jr.

He clarified his earlier statements by pointing out that he never explicitly said he wouldn't participate if he couldn't play shortstop, so I apologize for my poor translation skills which led to a misleading thread title.

Tejada added that he intends to keep playing for the DR in the future because of the growing importance placed on the Caribbean Series.

Estoy aqui en el DR y no se si yo me enviare las dos horas al Santiago (norte) ver este juego de beisbol de la playa limpia y bella? :confused::cool::(

Find a way to get to Santiago bobmc. Drop whatever you're doing (or not doing) and get to the best baseball tournament on planet Earth this week.

Wish I was there!

Tejada has agreed to DH in the Caribbean Series, and praised the defensive work of Tony Pena, Jr.

He clarified his earlier statements by pointing out that he never explicitly said he wouldn't participate if he couldn't play shortstop, so I apologize for my poor translation skills which led to a misleading thread title.

Tejada added that he intends to keep playing for the DR in the future because of the growing importance placed on the Caribbean Series.

Oh thank God!

Its too early for Miguel Tejada to be killing puppies in Houston. The cancer spreading has to wait until at least spring training.

Game 1 of the Caribbean world series is on Sportsnet New York now! MASN is reairing it tomorrow morning in No-Def picture unclear quality. Funny thing about watching it is they have english speaking announcers but the commercials are in spanish!

Archived