If Davis is out for any extended period of time, signing Morales becomes a no brainer

AlbionHero

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even if he's okay, Morales would really be a boost to the lineup but we can't afford to have no production out of the 1B slot for a while. What do you guys think?

I think that Morales isn't going to take a one year deal.

I also think the O's can do a better job allocating resources then to tie up a mess O'Money in a multi-year deal in a desperation move in April.

I also think the O's can do a better job allocating resources then to tie up a mess O'Money in a multi-year deal in a desperation move in April.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/04/quick-hits-intl-scouting-morales-olt-taveras-pitching-tandems.html

According to this, we've already been in close contact with Morales, so I don't think it would be a sudden desperation move... it would just be the thing that finally gets us to concede to his demands since we need a 1B more than ever now. I'm viewing his injury as a blessing in disguise since it could end up making us a better team in the long run.

I would surprised if Boras would put him here in this circumstance.

From Flaherty playing there.

Rather see the O's do something like... Have Weeks come up or sign Alex Gonzalez (was just cut) depending on what hole you want to cover either 3rd or 2nd with the bonus Alex Gonzalez can play short. Then run with Flaherty at 1b against righties and give Nick a run at first against lefties. Using Delmon or Cruz in LF.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/04/quick-hits-intl-scouting-morales-olt-taveras-pitching-tandems.html

According to this, we've already been in close contact with Morales, so I don't think it would be a sudden desperation move... it would just be the thing that finally gets us to concede to his demands since we need a 1B more than ever now. I'm viewing his injury as a blessing in disguise since it could end up making us a better team in the long run.

And those "talks" are miles apart. With Boras it just got 500 miles apart. There is blood in the water and Boras smells it. It's not gonna happen.

He'd cost a 1st round draft pick if he's signed before the June draft and still command big dollars. Neither very appealing to the Orioles FO.

He would cost US a third round. I love Can of Corn, great poster, but just disagree here. I am worried we need another bat with this pitching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He would cost US a third round. I love Can of Corn, great poster, but just disagree here. I am worried we need another bat with this pitching staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you could get him for one year deal, I would be open to considering it. I am not willing to tie up those resources for the next 3-4 years. O's have a lot of guys in their arbitration years, you sign him now you are going to have to lose some of those guy during the offseason. Cutting Markakis loose only saves so much.

If you are worrying about a bat in this line up.. you clearly haven't seen this team tack runs on like they can. When the whole line up is on, it's on. All about taking pitches right now and holding on until Manny is back (and now Davis).

If you could get him for one year deal, I would be open to considering it. I am not willing to tie up those resources for the next 3-4 years. O's have a lot of guys in their arbitration years, you sign him now you are going to have to lose some of those guy during the offseason. Cutting Markakis loose only saves so much.

Signing him makes Davis available to trade this offseason for prospects if that is a direction the Orioles consider going. And I'm also thinking that Hardys days as an Oriole are coming to an end, so that opens up some money.

If we get him for like 3 years, 36 mil or something I think it would be a completely fair deal.

Archived