If Davis is out for any extended period of time, signing Morales becomes a no brainer

AlbionHero

This post is complete rubbish. I nearly never Neg rep (and won't here but it's certainly worthy). Young has been in the league 8 seasons and has a career .316 OBP. He's never had a season under .296. Perhaps you should look before sticking foot in mouth.:mwahaha:

It's called baseball reference

Maybe it is a bit too far, but saying that he will have an OBP under .300 soon isn't too far fetched. He's a terrible hitter. The last 3 years he has a .266/.301/.404 slash line. He's also striking out more, walking less, and hitting for less power thus year. The only thing keeping him from a slash line even worse than the one above is an inflated BABIP.

I stand by my statement though. He should not be on this team. Terrible hitter, terrible fielder, no speed... He brings nothing to the table. He hits lefties pretty good, but not nearly good enough to warrant having a roster spot over Pearce.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it is a bit too far, but saying that he will have an
OBP under .300 soon
isn't too far fetched. He's a terrible hitter. The last 3 years he has a .266/.301/.404 slash line. He's also striking out more, walking less, and hitting for less power thus year. The only thing keeping him from a slash line even worse than the one above is an inflated BABIP.

I stand by my statement though. He should not be on this team. Terrible hitter, terrible fielder, no speed... He brings nothing to the table. He hits lefties pretty good, but not nearly good enough to warrant having a roster spot over Pearce.

You said way under in you previous post and frankly it was more than a bit too far. Sure he could end up slightly under .300. But he's 28 and has more of a sample size track record. So the chances of him posting a OBP "way below" .300 are remote.

Maybe it is a bit too far, but saying that he will have an OBP under .300 soon isn't too far fetched. He's a terrible hitter. The last 3 years he has a .266/.301/.404 slash line. He's also striking out more, walking less, and hitting for less power thus year. The only thing keeping him from a slash line even worse than the one above is an inflated BABIP.

Stand by your statement all you want, it's a free world.

But, look in the mirror and ask yourself this question. Am I in the lone minority on this, and I know more than the professional baseball players that run this team do?

For that matter, how many keyboard managers on the internet agree with you, probably not that many.

MLBTRADERUMORS

Pirates GM Neal Huntington denies a recent rumor that his team is still seeking a first baseman despite recently trading for Ike Davis, Bucs Dugout’s David Manel reports. “I typically hate to comment on any specific rumor, but it sounds like somebody, somewhere is trying to create a market,” Huntington says. The Bucs currently have Davis and Gaby Sanchez platooning at first.

Archived