vs. PIRATES, 5/01 (Game One)

OFFNY

o

Even though he got the "L", Brandon Compton was effective in his only major league game so far this season since being promoted from AAA-Indianapolis.

He gave up 2 runs over 7 innings, walked 1, and struck out 5.

HOWEVER ...... he also HIT 3 BATTERS in those 7 innings. :eektf:

Previous to his promotion to the majors, Cumpton started 3 games at AAA-Indianapolis, pitching to the tune of a 1.42 E.R.A., a 1.053 W.H.I.P., and ceding only 3 free passes (all walks) in 19 innings pitched.

PITTSBURGH PIRATES

Jose Tabata - RF

Ike Davis - 1B

Andrew McCutchen - CF

Pedro Alvarez - 3B

Gaby Sanchez - DH

Neil Walker - 2B

Starling Marte - LF

Tony Sanchez - C

Jordy Mercer - SS

Brandon Cumpton - RHP (0-1, 2.57 ERA)

BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Jemile Weeks - 2B

Nelson Cruz - LF

Nick Markakis - RF

Adam Jones - CF

Delmon Young - DH

Steve Clevenger - C

J.J. Hardy - SS

Steve Pearce - 1B

Ryan Flaherty - 3B

Bud Norris - RHP (1-2, 4.44 ERA)

http://baseballpress.com/lineup.php

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lot less L-R alternation in this lineup. Not typical of Buck to have back to back righties even once, let alone twice. I guess with Davis out that complicates that strategy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

It feels like a whole offseason since the last game. Buck called it an All Star break. :P

Hey Scott, everyone... From the BoltonBob Mancave:

Listening to WBAL pregame

Warming up w/Rays 2-1 lead over Bosox entering 8th.... Escobar plays Big Papi blast off wall.....Molina tags out :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb: Pedroia @ plate on 2 Bagger by Ortiz - Pedroia kicked out by Umps :D:D

Dodgers leading Twins 8-4 in 8th.

Warming up w/Rays 2-1 lead over Bosox entering 8th.... Escobar plays Big Papi blast off wall.....Molina tags out :2yay-thumb::2yay-thumb: Pedroia @ plate on 2 Bagger by Ortiz - Pedroia kicked out by Umps :D:D

I'm at the games. Will post as long as the phone lasts.

I'll be there, after 5 or so, for both games. I'm in sec 46, row 16, so there's a chance I could be in the upper part of the shot during a right handers at bat. So, for those that know my ugly mug, keep a look out. I'm wearing an orange tee, but that's not exactly unique. ;)

I'm at the games. Will post as long as the phone lasts.
I'll be there, after 5 or so, for both games. I'm in sec 46, row 16, so there's a chance I could be in the upper part of the shot during a right handers at bat. So, for those that know my ugly mug, keep a look out. I'm wearing an orange tee, but that's not exactly unique. ;)

You both suck! :P

I just watched the video of all that with Pedroia and I was pleased to hear Jerry and Remy being very even handed. They couldn't tell if Pedroia got the plate or not, and they weren't afraid to say that.

Archived