vs. PIRATES, 5/01 (Game Two)

OFFNY

I imagine is has been discussed in this or the earlier game thread but Buck burns through the bullpen. There's no reason to have gone through 6 pitchers in Game 1 with a 5-1 lead and now it is hurting us here -- left with Meek -- and it will probably hurt us in MN. You can't manage a game in May 1 like it's game 7.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I imagine is has been discussed in this or the earlier game thread but Buck burns through the bullpen. There's no reason to have gone through 6 pitchers in Game 1 with a 5-1 lead and now it is hurting us here -- left with Meek -- and it will probably hurt us in MN. You can't manage a game in May 1 like it's game 7.

I didn't see the first game, but I wondered what was up with that.

He wanted everyone to pitch today, keep in mind nobody has pitched since at least Sunday. Not a normal situation. Nobody pitched a lot in Game 1, I bet Meek is sent down after this game.

Archived