Go Tampa!

CanadianOriole

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couldn't the centerfielder of the left fielder have come in to help on a play like that ???

I presume that they anticipate and practice those kinds of situations in spring training.

As soon as they see that it's a ground ball, start running to the infield, since they had nothing better to do anyway (besides watch.)

I figured that they may as well come in and be useful as an extra man in a rundown, just in case.

Oh, well.

Couldn't the centerfielder of the left fielder have come in to help on a play like that ??? As soon as they see that it's a ground ball, start running to the infield, since they had nothing better to do anyway (besides watch), I figured that they may as well come in and be useful as an extra man in a rundown.

I presume that they anticipate and practice those kinds of situations in spring training.

Oh, well.

Should have.

I generally don't like walking the bases loaded in this situation, because that leaves the pitcher with no leeway in terms of avoiding walking in a run.

Instead of having two chances to get a better out without walking him, now he only has one.

I generally don't like walking the bases loaded in this situation, because that leaves the pitcher with no leeway in terms of avoiding walking in a run.

Instead of having two chances to get a better out without walking him, now he only has one.

Generally speaking, how often does walking in a run occur versus a force out at any base?

Couldn't the centerfielder of the left fielder have come in to help on a play like that ???

As soon as they see that it's a ground ball, start running to the infield, since they had nothing better to do anyway (besides watch.)

I figured that they may as well come in and be useful as an extra man in a rundown, just in case.

Oh, well.

Heath Bell was wandering around during the play as well.

Archived