Should the O's fire Jim Presley?

webbrick2010

This is pretty obvious and has nothing to do with my points. The Birds don't work the count. Other teams do. Why?

The Orioles were made up predominantly of free-swinging players when Duquette took over. And those types of players are often less expensive to acquire than ones with more discerning plate discipline. The organization has made a conscious decision to acquire the best players they can find within their budget without specifically, and probably inefficiently, targeting one attribute.

Coaches have some impact at the margins. But they don't practice baseball alchemy. We have to accept that our lead hitters simply won't magically turn to gold. Lead can be very useful.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want to fire someone, fire Brady. Ever since he started everyone on BradyCare, we have Hardy pulling hammies, Manny blowing out his knee, Davis with a tummy ache, and Gausman going on the DL after coughing too hard. Its faily obvious that BradyCare is not working for this team.

Also Chem and Gonzo have not gone deep in games since Brady has worked with them.:laughlol: I think the whole conditioning thing is a little overrated. Just like the Sun touting the next Oriole pitching coach as the second coming.

Also Chem and Gonzo have not gone deep in games since Brady has worked with them.:laughlol: I think the whole conditioning thing is a little overrated. Just like the Sun touting the next Oriole pitching coach as the second coming.

Laces Out.

The most important determinant of hitting is getting a pitch you can hit. You aren't able to do that consistently until you prove you won't swing at balls. The pitching hasn't been great but, this team is .500 because they have terrible plate discipline and continually get beat by swinging at balls and scoring a pitiful amount of runs against average pitching. So, we can all be smug and sarcastic and fail to acknowledge the problem or we can acknowledge it. And, if management doesn't address it, we will spend the post-season at home

Oh good grief. 1/2 game out of first after what thirty games is no time to panic.

This is just silly. All started by some guy thAt likes to stir the pot. Fire coaches?

That's just ridiculous.

I think we're being a bit hasty here if you want to fire Pressley. He just turned Chris Davis into an MVP caliber player and we want to fire him because we're having some offensive issues after the first month?

Not to split hairs, and nothing against Pressley. But, I thought Jim Thome was the guy that helped Chris Davis turn into the home run machine?

Now that is the player I would like to see be a coach for the O's at some time.

I don't think he would accept a job from another team that would essentially be a demotion.

Maybe if his boss gets fired at some point and he is part of the housecleaning.

Not to split hairs, and nothing against Pressley. But, I thought Jim Thome was the guy that helped Chris Davis turn into the home run machine?

Why has "Pressley" caught on so well here? You'd think Elvis was enough to keep things straight. Fire the Spelling Coach!

Oh, good grief. 1/2 game out of first after what thirty games is no time to panic.

This is just silly. All started by some guy that likes to stir the pot. Fire coaches? That's just ridiculous.

1st place.

The Yankees lost last night.

If you want to fire someone, fire Brady. Ever since he started everyone on BradyCare, we have Hardy pulling hammies, Manny blowing out his knee, Davis with a tummy ache, and Gausman going on the DL after coughing too hard. Its faily obvious that BradyCare is not working for this team.

Showalter has not been managing well since Brady started been working with him, also.

Archived