vs. RAYS, 5/07

OFFNY

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Never had a doubt. Lol

Ok, now that we won, I really hope that we make a change here sooner rather than later. He isn't a closer.

He's not. He doesn't have a strikeout pitch and he's homer prone. He might be a good set up guy, but I really don't like him as closer. I bet he's not the closer by midseason. his luck is going to run out and it's going to cost us ballgames.

I don't disagree that Britton should have finished it. But to say "no reason" considering Hunter's past success against righties and the lineup he was slated to face does a disservice to the discussion.

Three right handers and no track record of Zach in that role are reason enough to give Buck the opportunity to live or die with that decision.

I'm all for closer by committee. Maybe the right handed batters tonight favored a Hunter appearance but I hope Britton gets opportunities for saves too. Not gonna speculate about trades but I think we can get at least league average pitching in the 9th between Britton, Hunter and maybe O'Day if Hunter is gassed.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I won't complain about Hunter at this point. Over the past couple seasons, I watched way too many 6-7 run 9th innings by the opponents. While Tommy has been shaky, he still has been getting the job done in the end.

I won't complain about Hunter at this point. Over the past couple seasons, I watched way too many 6-7 run 9th innings by the opponents. While Tommy has been shaky, he still has been getting the job done in the end.

Really? We had a lot of those?

Really? We had a lot of those?

I will say that it was more than your typical closer. It could just be the 3 games that I attended in 2012, Johnson pitched 1 1/3 innings, 12 Runs, 11 ER. Let's just say that left a bad taste in my mouth and could be skewing my opinion.

Archived