Firestone got me thinking.

weams

Who'd You Rather?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who'd You Rather?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched a couple mins of the Rays game last night. Guy at work took his little league team.

Hey, we got our Huckleberry! Someone likes Cano's chances. Or discounts Jon's. I have another clue for you all, The Walrus is not Robinson. You can release Schoop if he stinks. That is all. And oh, BTW, after this poll is over, and the results are all in? You get to keep on paying for the outcast for another three seasons.

Depends if salary is a consideration. With Cano you get arguably the best overall player in the league, but you are paying market value for it. With Schoop you have a player with tremendous upside making the league minimum. If salary is not a consideration I would want the established player, hands down. If it is, I would not want Cano at the price Seattle paid, while Schoop is a no-brainer at his salary.

Depends if salary is a consideration. With Cano you get arguably the best overall player in the league, but you are paying market value for it. With Schoop you have a player with tremendous upside making the league minimum. If salary is not a consideration I would want the established player, hands down. If it is, I would not want Cano at the price Seattle paid, while Schoop is a no-brainer at his salary.

Seven Years. For Seven Years.

Please go ahead and argue that Cano is better then Trout.

I would not be surprised if Jon has better stats over that period as well.

I doubt it. I think Schoop's ceiling will be Cano's age 34 season if that. Cano is an 8 WAR player today and he'll be close to that the next 2-3 years.. He is better with the glove now than Schoop will ever be at 2B. I can see both moving to 3B, or DH in Cano's case, but Schoop might even do that first. I think Schoop's ceiling is 3-4 WAR at most. Would take Schoop over Cano strictly because of the money.

I would not be surprised if Jon has better stats over that period as well.

I seriously doubt it, though Cano is not off to a very good start this year. But it's possible, and I'd certainly rather have Schoop at his salaries for the next 7 years than Cano and his $168 mm for those seasons (with another $72 mm to go after that).

I seriously doubt it, though Cano is not off to a very good start this year. But it's possible, and I'd certainly rather have Schoop at his salaries for the next 7 years than Cano and his $168 mm for those seasons (with another $72 mm to go after that).

Seven years is a long time. Seven.

I doubt it. I think Schoop's ceiling will be Cano's age 34 season if that. Cano is an 8 WAR player today and he'll be close to that the next 2-3 years.. He is better with the glove now than Schoop will ever be at 2B. I can see both moving to 3B, or DH in Cano's case, but Schoop might even do that first. I think Schoop's ceiling is 3-4 WAR at most. Would take Schoop over Cano strictly because of the money.

You expect another 8 WAR season out of the Ex don't you?

Archived