How does Hunter not get tossed?

mcneck

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Hunter on Norris: "Before he got in the dugout he looked back & said something. ... I’m too old for that. He’s picking on the old guy."</p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">May 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I love Norris

That's some brilliant revisionist history by Hunter. By omission, mind you, but still.

There, Hunter was talking specifically about when Norris was going into the dugout. At that point, I don't believer Hunter said anything, but Norris turned and said some things to Hunter. It was the exact reverse of what happened immediately after the HBP.

There, Hunter was talking specifically about when Norris was going into the dugout. At that point, I don't believer Hunter said anything, but Norris turned and said some things to Hunter. It was the exact reverse of what happened immediately after the HBP.

Hunter was looking in our dug out almost the whole time he was on 1B, he was baiting Bud into saying more. Hunter should have just charged the mound and see if he's really as tough as he thinks he is.

Hunter was looking in our dug out almost the whole time he was on 1B, he was baiting Bud into saying more. Hunter should have just charged the mound and see if he's really as tough as he thinks he is.

I saw that too. Guilmet shd have thrown over a few times so that Crush could land some nice solid tags in his gut.

I saw that too. Guilmet shd have thrown over a few times so that Crush could plant nice solid tags in his gut.

Blame the brass in the commissioner's office. Make a few rules and these situations won't happen:

1. Batter is ejected if they take a step toward the pitcher or if they talk to the pitcher.

2. Anyone who leaves the bench/bullpen is immediately ejected and subject to suspension.

I agree, particularly with the bolded. There is no need to have 50 guys milling around when tempers are high.

If nothing else it will help the umpires control things by keeping down the sheer numbers.

As Buck said in the post game ...."have you ever been drilled with a 95 mph fastball?

The big problem here is not that Hunter did not get ejected!

It was that the umpire way overreacted! Let's put the blame where it belonged. The problem escalated because the delay in the game caused by the immediate toss.

The big problem here is not that Hunter did not get ejected!

It was that the umpire way overreacted! Let's put the blame where it belonged. The problem escalated because the delay in the game caused by the immediate toss.

I hope the umpire gets suspended. Between tossing Norris and tapping Hunter in the face, he was completely out of control.

qfdeueiwesgiw5fhgn3u.gif

Archived