vs. TIGERS, 5/14 (Day Game)

Aglets

Tigers are pretty good and they just own us. Glad to see them gone. It was a bad time for the Orioles to have them come into town. Well, honestly, it's always a bad time to play the Tigers. It's amazing how Detroit can afford such a large payroll and we have to scrape by. Oh well, that's MLB for you.

No, That Peter Angelos for you.

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tigers are pretty good and they just own us. Glad to see them gone. It was a bad time for the Orioles to have them come into town. Well, honestly, it's always a bad time to play the Tigers. It's amazing how Detroit can afford such a large payroll and we have to scrape by. Oh well, that's MLB for you.

We have played pretty well against DET in recent seasons, but not in 2014. They have great fan support and their owner shows his appreciation by having a huge payroll. And I think he also has tremendous desire to win. And if we had just won Game 2 we wouldn't be so depressed.

By the way, we lost our 2010 2nd round draft pick because we signed Mike Gonzalez from the Braves. The Tigers chose Drew Smyly 15 picks after that pick. It certainly helps when your second round draft picks contribute to your major league squad. It's been awhile for the Orioles to be able to see that (No, Reimold does not count).

After Gausman's mediocre performance, I assume it was because I didn't see it, you have to wonder when the heck the Orioles are going to development some pitching. Boy it's been a long time.

Archived