Jones still in Venezuela!!!

glorydays

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he never left the country, didn't the reporters from the Mariners botch things rather than MacPhail? Of course, then some of our insiders backed it up. My point is that he can't simultaneously have landed in Baltimore at 4:30 and still be in Venezuela. Somebody doesn't have good information. Actually, maybe lots of somebodies. How about if we chill until it sorts itself out?

My question is, why would the official Mariners spokesman come out and admit that they had ordered Jones to come back to the US if it was made up? :confused::confused:

Wow, you have to be irate if your the Latin Club Jones plays for.

This whole deal sounds fishy to me. Too many people on the Mariner's side got thrown under the bus on this deal. Latin Club got screwed over. Players were told they were being traded. Alot of writers will lose serious credibility.

No way this deal got killed on the M's side.

If this deal doesn't go down, I'll be very surprised if many MLB clubs enter into serious negotiations with us in the near future.

MacPhail has officially botched this entire offseason. What a joke! :mad:

So when trade talks pick up again in another hour, or maybe in a day or two, will you still feel that he has botched the entire offseason?

Me thinks you might just be the first one back down on your knees at his mercy.

Calm down.

ESPN.com also reported that two of the three players involved in the trade (Jones and Seattle reliever George Sherrill) have told teammates that they have to take physical examinations. That part of the rumor was debunked later on by a report in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Sherill told the PI that neither he or Adam Jones were scheduled to head to Baltimore for a physical.

Doesn't this confirm what she is saying?

I've been out of the loop for a few hours, but this is from the Seattle paper...

I'm beginning to think that this thing got botched back in Venezuela. Sounds like Jones was told to "take a seat", and that a deal was looming, and he assumed that he'd be on a plane to B'more for a physical. Maybe something DID get lost in the translation.

Oh well...the end of the month and spring training are soon approaching. I guess we'll see Bedard starting on opening day with Roberts leading off and playing second base.

Guest rochester
If he never left the country, didn't the reporters from the Mariners botch things rather than MacPhail? Of course, then some of our insiders backed it up. My point is that he can't simultaneously have landed in Baltimore at 4:30 and still be in Venezuela. Somebody doesn't have good information. Actually, maybe lots of somebodies. How about if we chill until it sorts itself out?

oh sure...be the one voice that thinks before he writes....always the one who is intelligent enough in his postings....ughhh:D

next, i am waiting for mcphail to get on here and tell us that whoever buys either season tickets or even a 10-game package will be privy to what is really going on..now that's PR....

In a sick sort of way....even though he is not the one reading this I bet whoever is goes to Happy Hour with him and they just laugh and laugh....

This is so sad..

ESPN.com also reported that two of the three players involved in the trade (Jones and Seattle reliever George Sherrill) have told teammates that they have to take physical examinations. That part of the rumor was debunked later on by a report in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. Sherill told the PI that neither he or Adam Jones were scheduled to head to Baltimore for a physical.

Doesn't this confirm what she is saying?

I've been out of the loop for a few hours, but this is from the Seattle paper...

There was also a report this morning that the Seattle radio people that interviewed Sherrill on air today got the impression he'd been instructed by the Mariners to keep his mouth shut about a trade.

To me anyway, Jones' email seems as likely to confirm that as what you're suggesting.

Archived