Jones still in Venezuela!!!

glorydays

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this a reliable source? I'm so confused and annoyed and amused at times, to be an Orioles fan

Here is what KOMO 1000's site says about Shannon Drayer...

No reporter has spent more time with the Mariners the past 4 years than Shannon Drayer. As she embarks on her fifth year covering the Mariners for KOMO 1000 News, Shannon looks to share the experience of just what it is like to spend a season with the team as she blogs her daily thoughts, observations, news and what ever else can happen in the course of a season. Feel free to comment, question or share your thoughts on baseball and the Seattle Mariners. Restaurant recommendations and don't miss attractions in American League cities are also appreciated!

http://www.komoradio.com/marinersradio/shannon

The article was printed at 1:30 this afternoon. PA has not signed off on the deal yet, so why would he (AJ) leave. I do not think we have to light the torches just yet. Maybe by the end of the week we will. It sounds as if the deal is not done yet as AM stated and the Mariners. I would like to hear from our insiders and what they are hearing is going on.

That is 1:30 Pacific Standard Time - 4:30 EST

I don't buy this lost in translation stuff. Adam Jones said an awful lot for it to have been lost in the translation.

Though you have to think, if he was told to zip it, his idea of zipping it is suspect. Emailing a Seattle media personality and saying "NO NO NO ALL LIIIIES!" is hardly zipping it.

[Does anyone think Daniel Cabrera should be the Opening Day starter? He is the veteran now, and it might help him focus on the job at hand.

I actually think that's the opposite of what needs to happen w/ Daniel. He doesn't seem to thrive in pressure situations (not that we've had any), or when people might be watching him closely. I would like to see him come in with 0 expectations and see how he responds.

Could be that Bavasi told Jones to be ready to go to B'more for a physical. Then Jones under presure from the Venezeulian press to explain his absence from the team during the playoffs, went to far and spilled the beans prematurely. Then after some awkward backtracking they have got back on the same page again and are proceeding with the deal.

Though you have to think, if he was told to zip it, his idea of zipping it is suspect. Emailing a Seattle media personality and saying "NO NO NO ALL LIIIIES!" is hardly zipping it.

I mean, think about it. Trying to take it all back doesn't do anything beyond making a bad situation worse, if it's a case of "dude, zip it!"

[Does anyone think Daniel Cabrera should be the Opening Day starter? He is the veteran now, and it might help him focus on the job at hand.

I actually think that's the opposite of what needs to happen w/ Daniel. He doesn't seem to thrive in pressure situations (not that we've had any), or when people might be watching him closely. I would like to see him come in with 0 expectations and see how he responds.

The Yankee stadium near no-hitter? Maybe focus is the wrong issue, but the guy can go from lights out to walking eight in five innings. Something upstairs is not right.

My thoughts here. One, sounds to me that my man Church got himself some bad info. Two, Jones has been told to back away from his statement because things are going slower than expected with the O's because of Angelos (shocker). Three, this will speed up tomorrow. Until then, I'm not holding my breath. Even though I'll be checking periodically through the night. But if you're Mr. Churchill, you just threw up your lunch if this is true and he's still chillin' and smokin' a Cuban with Hugo.

Archived