Curious to see how much time 53 homers buys

Moose Milligan

Davis has 23 walks in 135 plate appearances. His ISO is .127 which is excellent. He leads the team in walks despite having 85 fewer at bats than Markakis (220 to 135) or 38 percent fewer at bats. What the heck are you guys on about?

Exactly!

He is getting walks, because the opposing pitchers are respecting his bat and not giving him anything to hit.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly!

He is getting walks, because the opposing pitchers are respecting his bat and not giving him anything to hit.

Yeah, he's walking plenty. Walk rate is up to 13.9% from 10.7% last year. It's pretty obvious to me that the current book on Davis is to bust him with hard stuff inside, and it's working well right now.

Yeah, he's walking plenty. Walk rate is up to 13.9% from 10.7% last year. It's pretty obvious to me that the current book on Davis is to bust him with hard stuff inside, and it's working well right now.

He is walking a lot. If I was manager, I'd try shake up the lineup a little bit. MLB hasn't instituted any rule yet that says you have to leave it that way for 3 months. I'd put Jones at 5 (maybe 6 with Matt, if he is still hitting), you can't protect a hacker.

Nick

Pierce (or lombo, different subject)

Davis

Cruz

Jones

Hardy

Archived