Rosenthal: Bedard Trade on Hold?

CrimsonTribe

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Fox Sports' Ken Rosenthal:

The trade amounts to a litmus test for the authority of MacPhail, who was hired last summer with the understanding that he would operate with autonomy over baseball operations.

True or not there is no way that this will not appear to be the case.

Before we go getting too excited, ESPN reported this morning that PA wouldn't be available to even consider the trade today because of a family event. It is more than likely on hold while they wait for him to do whatever today so he can review it tomorrow. Too much reading into things. Even the insiders said Tuesday, so why are we crying over media speculation a day early???

I wish I was in the "know"

My head hurts from reading all this.

Does the story keep changing because its all speculation? Or is the Orioles offseason/trade abilities like a cinematic fairy tale that eerily resembles '24.'

Where is our Jack Bauer to save the day?

I don't think Bavasi endeared himself to AM with that press conference on Friday night. Unless that was a regular part of their fanfest, he held that thing for two reasons. First, to get his fans stoked for the next day's fanfest. Second, to put pressure on AM. I don't think you want to put pressure on AM. You will lose. Maybe AM is busting young Bavasi's chops.

If PA nixes this deal, AM should tell him to stick his organization right up his BLANK. Us fans need to REALLY send PA a message and not bother to soke his pockets with our money with his HORRIBLE product. Im going to call my guy and see what he is hearing from Seattle.

You know with this ass-clown owning this team

when will enough be enough

I will check back soon

Peace

Personally, I am very interested in how this all plays out after some of things I've heard of late. Very, very interested.

You are far from alone! :D

I still think Jones is emailing from his laptop in Baltimore & that the delay is partially because other deals have to be coordinated to fit our new players on the 40-man roster. Call me loco.

Rosenthal is just using the same pattern as every other baseball writer if something goes wrong with the O's just blame Angelos. What does he point to in his article that suggests this is actually the case. IMO he just wants to cover his arse b/c he wrote about a trade being imminent and blaming Angelos fixes everything.

Archived