Rosenthal: Bedard Trade on Hold?

CrimsonTribe

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally, I am very interested in how this all plays out after some of things I've heard of late. Very, very interested.

Regardless of how this deal plays out or doesn't play out, have you ever seen a more poorly handled sports story?

National news outlets reporting one thing. Local writers' credibility getting thrown under the bus. Players thinking they are traded and about to get on a plane for their physicals. Insiders so confident that they are willing to reveal their source. Back tracking quotes. Denials from GMs. More bad PR about owner's nixing deals. Official team websites putting false stories on their front page. Millions of Latin fans getting screwed over during their World Series for no reason apparently.

I can't think of another sports related new story that was this much of a cluster****.

Rosenthal is just using the same pattern as every other baseball writer if something goes wrong with the O's just blame Angelos. What does he point to in his article that suggests this is actually the case. IMO he just wants to cover his arse b/c he wrote about a trade being imminent and blaming Angelos fixes everything.

Or maybe he's heard some other information?? Maybe, just maybe, there's a lot of smoke around for a reason? Remember, there's a reason why reporters have to put things the way they do and it's very doubtful that a reporter like Rosenthal would suddenly start ASSUMING it's Angelos.

All I will say is this will be interesting to see how it turns out.

Even the Godfather took time out on his daughters wedding day for buisness. Why the heck cant Angelos review the trade for an hour or two with MacPhail or Flannagan and approve it.

If somehow Angelos fouls this up and it really is his fault I think I will finally say I HATE him. I will be praying for the day he isnt in charge to hurry up and get here. No matter what form it takes. Daisies or retirement.

ARGGHHH!

If Bedard is on the roster opening day, then I'm a Nationals fan come opening day.

It's one thing to lose for 10 seasons, it's unnacceptable, but I stick behind the team I grew up with despite the losses. Jerking the fans around on top of losing like this is not acceptable. During a rebuilding phase, a lack of effort to get younger is not acceptable.

If Bedard is on the roster opening day, then I'm leaving the O's until we have an Angelosless Orioles.

Or maybe he's heard some other information?? Maybe, just maybe, there's a lot of smoke around for a reason? Remember, there's a reason why reporters have to put things the way they do and it's very doubtful that a reporter like Rosenthal would suddenly start ASSUMING it's Angelos.

Interesting because of Angelos, or interesting because of McPhails negotiating technique? :D

Regardless of how this deal plays out or doesn't play out, have you ever seen a more poorly handled sports story?

National news outlets reporting one thing. Local writers' credibility getting thrown under the bus. Players thinking they are traded and about to get on a plane for their physicals. Insiders so confident that they are willing to reveal their source. Back tracking quotes. Denials from GMs. More bad PR about owner's nixing deals. Official team websites putting false stories on their front page. Millions of Latin fans getting screwed over during their World Series for no reason apparently.

I can't think of another sports related new story that was this much of a cluster****.

Well, as one of the casualties of this offseason, I certainly understand the frustrations. I'm in wait and see mode right now....

Guest rochester

:mad::mad::rolleyes::mad:

we are all sadists....but there is no other team I want to root for...its been too long...

Maybe you can at least tell us when you expect this to be resolved?

Man, I wish you would/could say something more, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Anyway, I need to give this a rest, I've got homework to do.

Archived