Roch: Dan Duquette on Wieters and Orioles Catchers

weams

Wow. Just Wow.

The O's wanted to sign Matt to a long term contract. Matt and Boras said no. Now Matt is on the DL waiting to see if he needs surgery that no other successful major league catcher has ever had.

I feel bad for everyone but Boras.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite simply you have no information to show that the four marginal catchers who did not do well after TJ, did not do so because of the surgery. Were their arms any good prior to it? 6 examples mean nothing and to draw any conclusions is silly. The best we have to go on is what Dr. Andrews has said, that the issue involves flexor muscles. TJ surgery would involve ligaments. Should Wieters require surgery it is doubtful it would be TJ, unless the O's were misrepresenting Andrews, something I don't the good doctor would take kindly to.

I will remember this post and will respond to it by July 2nd. You are wrong, but I can't show yet. So I'll just smile and allow you to continue to insult me. We can just talk about twits instead.

I will remember this post and will respond to it by July 2nd. You are wrong, but I can't show yet. So I'll just smile and allow you to continue to insult me. We can just talk about twits instead.
So in other words this is yet another case were you know things but you can't say, but can only allude to? See the post above. Someone thinks this "Now Matt is on the DL waiting to see if he needs surgery that no other successful major league catcher has ever had" is absolutely true. Is flexor muscle surgery the same as Tommy John?

The best we have to go on is what Dr. Andrews has said, that the issue involves flexor muscles. TJ surgery would involve ligaments. Should Wieters require surgery it is doubtful it would be TJ, unless the O's were misrepresenting Andrews, something I don't the good doctor would take kindly to.

By the way, Dr. Andrews never said muscle. He said mass. And you did not hear what Andrews said. And what you did hear, did not come from the Orioles. The Orioles are not representing anything. Officially they are telling everyone that Matt is on a prescribed rest therapy. And they have said that July 1st is an important date.

So in other words this is yet another case were you know things but you can't say, but can only allude to? See the post above. Someone thinks this "Now Matt is on the DL waiting to see if he needs surgery that no other successful major league catcher has ever had" is absolutely true. Is flexor muscle surgery the same as Tommy John?

No. Different surgeries. Same area of the body(elbow forearm). TJ is the ligament. Flexor mass is the wrist flexor muscle and/or tendons.

Ok, we will see which one they eventually choose.

There is nothing here I can't say. Other than to prove to you, you will have to see what the results are.

Quite simply you have no information

I am simply speculating on an outcome that I think has a high probability of occurring. Not putting together pieces of a jig saw puzzle or passing along secret documents that contain the code for a new world order. You think that you have solved a puzzle differently, by trying to see what the meaning of is, is. We will see when we see.

By the way, Dr. Andrews never said muscle. He said mass. And you did not hear what Andrews said. And what you did hear, did not come from the Orioles. The Orioles are not representing anything. Officially they are telling everyone that Matt is on a prescribed rest therapy. And they have said that July 1st is an important date.
What I heard came from your good friend Mr. Connolly. He seemed to be making a distinction between the flexor mass and a ligament. Perhaps he was misinformed?

What I heard came from your good friend Mr. Connolly. He seemed to be making a distinction between the flexor mass and a ligament. Perhaps he was misinformed?

Dan is a friend. He is not misinformed. You are.

Dan never said muscles. You did. You are subtly replacing information to suit your investment here. This is not about James Andrews or Matt or Dan Connolly. It's about you and me. And that's ok. BTW, I've not spoken with Mr. Connolly about any of this. And he told me in February that he thought Abreu would be as big a bust as the other Miguel Gonzales is. So Dan can guess wrong too. He's human. And a good one.

I am simply speculating on an outcome that I think has a high probability of occurring. Not putting together pieces of a jig saw puzzle or passing along secret documents that contain the code for a new world order. You think that you have solved a puzzle differently, by trying to see what the meaning of is, is. We will see when we see.
What is even more silly than your speculation, is your assumption that you know what I am thinking. What I know is what Connolly reported and that Wieters was placed on the DL to make room for Davis, rather than release someone like Young or Pearce. That according to Buck complete rest was the best way to get it to heal. Other than that, the July 1 date as a cut off before surgery is an option, came from Buck. I take them at their word. I don't know the likely hood that Wieters will be on the DL that long, or what kind if any surgery will be needed. Unlike you seem you be suggesting you do. If you don't know, then you're the conspiracy guy not me.

What is even more silly than your speculation, is your assumption that you know what I am thinking. What I know is what Connolly reported and that Wieters was placed on the DL to make room for Davis, rather than release someone like Young or Pearce. That according to Buck complete rest was the best way to get it to heal. Other than that, the July 1 date as a cut off before surgery is an option, came from Buck. I take them at their word. I don't know the likely hood that Wieters will be on the DL that long, or what kind if any surgery will be needed. Unlike you seem you be suggesting you do. If you don't know, then you're the conspiracy guy not me.

I'll agree with most of this. There is more news since then. Too much innuendo by those close to the deal.

Dan never said muscles. You did. You are subtly replacing information to suit your investment here. This is not about James Andrews or Matt or Dan Connolly. It's about you and me. And that's ok. BTW, I've not spoken with Mr. Connolly about any of this. And he told me in February that he thought Abreu would be as big a bust as the other Miguel Gonzales is. So Dan can guess wrong too. He's human. And a good one.

I was under the assumption flexor mass refers to a muscle group. Apparantly csgordos also thinks this:" No. Different surgeries. Same area of the body(elbow forearm). TJ is the ligament. Flexor mass is the wrist flexor muscle and/or tendons." Perhaps you know something else?

Archived