Nick Hundley for Troy Patton

eddie83

Uhh...what? He's had some injury issues, but it's not like he suffered OPS drops below .820 only in seasons in which he was limited to like 40 games. Since 2011, his OPS's have been .789 (135 games), .812 (149 games), .783 (142 games), and .714 through 41 games this season. Last year he hit righties well (.854 OPS), but he's posting a .752 OPS against them this year.

Regardless, you're playing with the numbers in some pretty disingenuous ways. I'm going to have to agree with CoC that this sounds like a case of name recognition more than anything.

Btw, it's not that I think he's a "bad" player. But I don't think he'd help the O's all that much, and certainly not for what he'd cost in re: his contract this year and going forward.

Oops. Yep. My bad haha. Math is hard...

I think he would certainly help the Orioles though. The O's need another lefty bat. He's a great left handed bat against RHP's. His OBP skills are also good. Anybody, anybody to get Delmon Young out of an O's uniform for good. He is absolutely atrocious.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few points:

Hundley is not a workhorse catcher. He has averaged 85 games and 285 AB over the last three years.

Neither Hundley nor Clevenger hit lefties very well.

The prorated portion of Hundley contract that the O's are responsible for is 2.8M.

The prorated portion remaining on Pattons contract is 894K.

Amount of Cash sent to O's is TBD.

Oops. Yep. My bad haha. Math is hard...

I think he would certainly help the Orioles though. The O's need another lefty bat. He's a great left handed bat against RHP's. His OBP skills are also good. Anybody, anybody to get Delmon Young out of an O's uniform for good. He is absolutely atrocious.

I'll have to disagree. I think Markakis will have a superior career to Eithier from this point forward. And I don't think that Delmon playing once or twice a week is even relevant. Andre is not even a James Loney at this point. I can't see that anyone would take on that awful contract without HUGE subsidy. Maybe the Red Sox. Not us.

Few points:

Hundley is not a workhorse catcher. He has average 85 games and 285 AB over the last three years.

The prorated portion of Hundley contract that the O's are responsible for is 2.8M.

Hundley shared time with Grandal, the steroid guy with a bat. You can want for this to not be our catcher. But I BET it is.

Few points:

Hundley is not a workhorse catcher. He has averaged 85 games and 285 AB over the last three years.

Great points here Wildcard. Especially about Hundleys durability issues.

Hundley is a switch hitter. Hundley shared time with Grandal, the steroid guy with a bat. You can want for this to not be our catcher. But I BET it is.

I am not saying that I want or don't want Hundley to be the everyday catcher. Just pointing out that he has not been a workhorse catcher over the last three years.

I am not saying that I want or don't want Hundley to be the everyday catcher. Just pointing out that he has not been a workhorse catcher over the last three years.
You are right. He has not been. I think the club is improved.

Archived