vs. Astros, 5/31

weams

Agreed, though I think he's vulnerable when paired with Hunter (i.e., Hunter is bad, and Bordick's relative inexperience leaves him with even less to say than guys like Palmer in the same position).

The problem there is that the two of them together tend to sound like a couple of lame suburban dads transported from the 1950s. Lots of gee whizs and holy cows, and very awkward, meek attempts at "humor".

Not that that's totally without its charms. Especially Bordick. He's just so swell. He's really super. A heck of a guy, the kind you wouldn't barely even think about offering a kindly invitation to a nice family outing in the park.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does the ump seem more generous on the breaking ball for Kuchel? I mena it looked like Chris threw one in the same spot and was called a ball. Getting the low strike too.

Seems like there's been a lot of inconsistency with the strike zone this road trip. But it's probably been both ways. Honestly most umps just seem...not very good.

The problem there is that the two of them together tend to sound like a couple of lame suburban dads transported from the 1950s. Lots of gee whizs and holy cows, and very awkward, meek attempts at "humor".

Not that that's totally without its charms. Especially Bordick. He's just so swell. He's really super. A heck of a guy, the kind you wouldn't barely even think about offering a kindly invitation to a nice family outing in the park.

Mike Bordick tans in technicolor.

Seems like there's been a lot of inconsistency with the strike zone this road trip. But it's probably been both ways. Honestly most umps just seem...not very good.

Don't know about them vs. us but a pretty big zone so far.

Archived