Report: Jones Damaged Goods?

SilentJames

Interesting - Stan the Fan is on Viviano's show right now saying that there is internal concern in the Orioles camp regarding Adam Jones and the fact that they believe he has a degenerative hip condition.

According to Stan, this is the leverage the Orioles are trying to use in order to pry more away from Seattle in this trade. There is a perception that Jones is in fact damaged goods.

Thought this deserved its own thread...

Last night BEJ mentioned a "legit complex issue" that was holding up the deal.

If THIS turns out to be true than this all makes a lot of sense. ANd it would certainly explain the tight-lipped-ness of all parties involved. MacPhail can't come out and publically comment on another team's player like that.

That WOULD be tampering.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If THIS turns out to be true than this all makes a lot of sense. ANd it would certainly explain the tight-lipped-ness of all parties involved. MacPhail can't come out and publically comment on another team's player like that.

That WOULD be tampering.

The only thing I don't get is why didn't they get the physical? Can this not be determined them?

I think this situation and "complex issue" seem a lot more similar than Angelos nixing a deal, that would be a non-complex issue. I wonder if Angelos is being more hesitant about taking the risk than MacPhail would be and that's why he's slowing things down.

So we'll give him the Bo Jackson treatment.

BFD, carry on.

Right, Albert Belle had a hip condition and was able to play until his thirties. Jones could be fine until then, but I can see the Orioles using this against the M's to get Triunfel or Clement.

The only thing I don't get is why didn't they get the physical? Can this not be determined them?

Well if they got an advanced copy of his medical records and they saw something that the M's weren't forthcoming with that could piss AM off enough to say "what exactly are you trying to do here?"

BTW Stan the Fan, for those who don't know writes for, and I believe is the editor of Pressbox sports paper here in B'more.

NMS had a question about that.

Sounds like a cover-up for Angelos' meddling is underway.

How do you really know he has a problem before his physical? Bring him in and check him out throughly before a doctor would even make this comment.

It also didn't sound like Jones was having any problems playing winter ball in Venezuela. If Jones really had problems, wouldn't the Mariners want him to rest and not play this winter? Would they really allow their top prospect to risk further injury playing winter ball?

Well if they got an advanced copy of his medical records and they saw something that the M's weren't forthcoming with that could piss AM off enough to say "what exactly are you trying to do here?"

BTW Stan the Fan, for those who don't know writes for, and I believe is the editor of Pressbox sports paper here in B'more.

NMS had a question about that.

He's not the editor. That's Kevin Heitz. But he is the head of the paper (Stan the Fan).

Right, Albert Belle had a hip condition and was able to play until his thirties. Jones will be fine until then, but I can see the Orioles using this against the M's to get Triunfel or Clement.
Holy crap. Can you tell me how long its gonna be before my hips go out? You know exactly as much about me as you do about Adam Jones.

Wow! That's really simplifying things. All athletes with hip conditions last into their thirties. All hip conditions are the same. Funny stuff.

BTW, if there is a hip condition, I'm inclined to believe it's not a big deal or Bavasi would have been more forthcoming to his buddy in the first place. I hope.

I'm sure JTrea routinely sleeps at a Holiday Inn Express. ;)

That WOULD be tampering.

You mean Angelos didn't nix the deal? Are you sure? :rolleyes: Maybe he wen't down to Venezuela and hit Jones in the hip with a crowbar!

Sounds like a cover-up for Angelos' meddling is underway.

How do you really know he has a problem before his physical? Bring him in and check him out throughly before a doctor would even make this comment.

It also didn't sound like Jones was having any problems playing winter ball in Venezuela. If Jones really had problems, wouldn't the Mariners want him to rest and not play this winter? Would they really allow their top prospect to risk further injury playing winter ball?

If our team doctors got a look at his medical records and saw something that raised an eyebrow that the M's don't consider a problem, yet, thats one thing.

How many arms has Dusty Baker ruined through his decisions. Perhaps the Orioles aren't the only team that makes mistakes?

I would love to know when they knew about this.

Something just doesn't add up.

If they have known about it for a while, why did they target Jones to begin with?

If they just found out about it, how do they know about it without getting a physical?

If it is such a concern, why did they seemingly ok the deal on Sunday?

There has to be more to this...need more info before I give it too much credibility.

Archived