Report: Jones Damaged Goods?

SilentJames

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to know when they knew about this.

Something just doesn't add up.

If they have known about it for a while, why did they target Jones to begin with?

If they just found out about it, how do they know about it without getting a physical?

If it is such a concern, why did they seemingly ok the deal on Sunday?

There has to be more to this...need more info before I give it too much credibility.

Maybe they discovered it in the medical reports before getting a physical.

Perhaps MacPhail agreed to the players pending review of their files / physicals, and Bavasi went ahead and called Jones back.

If they have known about it for a while, why did they target Jones to begin with?

If they just found out about it, how do they know about it without getting a physical?

There has to be more to this...need more info before I give it too much credibility.

Many people have stated that there might have been some prelim reports from the M's about his health records. It might have been discovered by the O's staff at the time Jones was headed to Bmore to get a physical.

The one thing I don't know is this, why not have him come in and let us look at him and if the same evidence is found, we can write it off for ourselves rather than looking at a report that the M's gave us.

It's quite possible they just exchanged medical records and it came to light then. Maybe the M's know it isn't too serious but the O's want to check it out in more detail.

Many people have stated that there might have been some prelim reports from the M's about his health records. It might have been discovered by the O's staff at the time Jones was headed to Bmore to get a physical.

The one thing I don't know is this, why not have him come in and let us look at him and if the same evidence is found, we can write it off for ourselves rather than looking at a report that the M's gave us.

Perhaps, but if there is ANY question there could be a problem there, you can't trade your Ace for him and the gang of 4.

Which is why I don't really believe this story.

MacPhail: Adam Jones is coming here for a physical.

Team doc: Uh-oh, looks like there might be a problem with his medical records.:

MacPhail: Oh, better not bring in him then.

Makes no sense.

It's quite possible they just exchanged medical records and it came to light then. Maybe the M's know it isn't too serious but the O's want to check it out in more detail.

This is exactly what I was wondering. How detailed and recent are the medical records?

Also how the heck did Stan the Fan get this because this is tampering if it is connected back to the Orioles in any way...

Remember what happened with the Mets and what they said about Vlad's back...

I don't think that's true.

If the Orioles don't speak publicly on it, it can't be tampering.

It doesn't make sense to actually cancel the physical though.

There is no logic behind that..Fly him here and look for yourself. Maybe your doctors disagree or say that it will be 10+ years before there is any real issue.

I also find it hard to believe that we have been targeting him for 2 months and just now looked at a medical record of him.

Stan the fan is a jerk for disclosing this even if it is true because Jones seems like a great kid and if this is true then he has done severe damage to the kids career for no good reason. Stan the fan is the only guy who ever seems to get Peter to sit down and interview for his local paper. I am suspicious of why he of all people would be the one to break this news and I am sure it will not hurt awareness of his small time local paper. If it is true great for the Orioles for not being suckered into another Glen Davis trade but very unprofessional to call the kid out unless Stan has some very solid evidence to back this up and I still think it is wrong. News like this shoud not be made public in my opinion. Mcphail would never leak this so Angelos must have called in a favor with Stan. This deal is likely cooked and we again look like jokers because KR and Heyman know that Stan is a lacky for Peter and will call it as they see it or want to see it.

Archived